Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Do you honestly think she's going to recognize you instantly, having never met you before? Probably not.

But why not just tell your parents that she's an old classmate or something, and you want to have lunch with her to catch up?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Hmmm, well I would just be honest with her then. If you're seeing her in 30 days or whatever, it's not like this will be your only opportunity for a long time.

·
Banned
2,768 Posts
nvm lol. the fact there's still a catfish risk at all nixes my post. at least youre being smart/cautious

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
My parents don't approve because they think she is a catfish

So I plan on meeting her without my parents first (taking neccessary precautions to avoid danger if she is)....and then later introducing her to my parents to her...killing all of their doubts.
Are your parents over protective?

·
Registered
8,819 Posts
Won't she just see this thread and know you're avoiding her? Though it's probably a good idea not to meet her with your parents around.

·
An Annoying person
4,937 Posts
I'd just meet her if I were you. I think you said quite a long while ago that you two had a failed meetup. If I was in your situation, I'd just want to see her as much as possible. Even if it's just briefly, it's better than nothing. I don't think it'll ruin your meetup plans, in fact, it might even increase the anticipation, having seen each other beforehand.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,361 Posts
Wait... You explained the situation to her, but you're still looking for tips to avoid her? :S couldn't you both just pretend you don't know each other if you accidentally bump into each other when your parents are there?

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
On your vacation, you're not going to be with your parents 24/7, right? Can't you just tell them you're going to go on a walk by yourself (or something) and then meet up with her secretly?

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Ok so it's been months since I even talked about my gf on this site (I used to over do it actually)....Well anyway... we still haven't met yet but that's gonna change in a couple of months.

Well anyways...

I found out a few days ago that my parents planned a massive vacation and cruise for over the summer to go out of the country. Well on the way back from the vacation, I'm gonna be stopped in my gf's city for a few days.

Problem is...my parents don't know about her. I kept her a secret because my parents told me never to meet anyone online for my own safety yadda yadda yadda.

I'm gonna be literally 5 ish minutes away from my gf and I don't want to meet her (it will ruin my meet up plans)

I know some people are gonna say...don't.... but problem is, my hotel is like right where she walks around on a daily basis.

So I need help avoiding her (man that sounds weird) until I could finish the vacation and get back home....Because she is gonna move to my state 30 days later :teeth

Well actually..I do want to meet her, but my parents are gonna be shocked and angry... ruining the entire trip. So that's why I want to wait until I get home to meet.
Can I get an update?

·
the last song ♥
2,414 Posts
how can someone youve never met be your girlfriend?

·
Banned
8,077 Posts
It probably was illegal...but they payed for the phone... so I guess it's technically theirs.
Which they then gave to you. They still don't have the right to eavesdrop on private conversations. Even if they had taken your gf to court you could get the phone "evidence" thrown out as inadmissible.

Phone had a passcode but it activates 5 minutes after it is locked..not immediately..... I just put my phone down and tried to fall asleep... but my brother managed to unlock it in that 5 minute window.
And you didn't notice?

Well find a way to fix it.

Idk if you read my update, but I'm not stopping there....it's too expensive of a flight. It would be a lot cheaper to just skip her state all together.

Also her moving date moved to 3 months later than originally planned.
Is the date continually getting pushed back?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts