Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just graduated from college and I also quit my internship soon after in anticipation of starting graduate classes in the summer (not in classes now because of technical difficulties). And also because they had no intention of offering a full-time gig with benefits and the place was not for me and a s**hole. For whatever reason, I have become increasingly anxious and a reminder that when I let my guard down, anxiety seems to win. I feel completely inept and not fit for any job requiring interaction with people or one requiring confidence. I'm starting to feel the negative effects of being jobless (credit is running low, debt is stacking up, suffering from cabin fever, going to need cash when I move out in less than a month). Applying for jobs is excruciating because I don't think I'm qualified, or can't handle the environment and/or will hate the job. I secretly hope that I don't get a call from one of these companies about a job. I'm tired of effing myself over and feel trapped. I'm not sure what I need to get to gain lasting confidence, and the courage to apply, and attend interviews. Does anybody have an opinion on the best first steps to get out of this trap?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts