Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
taking a break from SAS
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are 2 ways I want to do this.

First, I want to drastically reduce my use of the internet (to less than hour a day). I find that it is a good immediate stress reliever because it distracts from real world concerns. In the long run though, it forces the stress level through the roof because ignoring problems makes them much worse.

Second, after work, I want to read for school as much as I can, possibly 4-6 hours each night. I have been very sloppy with my reading over the last several weeks and it has hurt my grades. It is hard for me to keep up with reading because for one, I am not a naturally conscientious person and second, the work days usually run a stressful 10 hours and I am exhausted by the time I return home.

Second goal is more important than first, but I will be happy if I can complete either.

·
taking a break from SAS
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am doing alright, not too great, been reading 2 to 3 hours a night not 4 to 6.

Here's a short term goal for the weekend. Read as much as possible for as long as possible. I am going to do a marathon reading session. This may seem "boring" and unrelated to treating social anxiety, but it is important and relevant. Improving self control and being conscientious is good for building confidence and is the most important quality for success in life. It is more important than talent or intelligence. There's a great New Yorker article which discusses this, don't have the link now. ANyway here we go..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts