Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Impromptu ramble about the progress I've made with anxiety and why public speaking is espe

I've made a lot of progress recently and wanted to talk about it. I just took my phone out and started recording so it's a bit of a ramble, but might help someone.

Btw I used to frequent this forum about ten years ago under a different user name. Seems a lot quieter here now.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thank you so much for sharing :) Regarding public speaking what works for me is being focussed on the subject I'm talking about... What's important is the sharing of information, rather than being consiously aware of all the eyes of strangers upon us. Looking into it a bit deeper are we sub-consiously thinking we are being judged, do we sub-consiously think people don't like us, or are going to be highly critical of us afterwards? Could it be these thoughts, and thoughts similar to this which are preventing us from enjoying the moment of sharing our interests/passion with others? I wonder if it comes down to how we feel about ourselves, and a in-built image we have of how we think people receive us? It is possible to change these negative beliefs we hold of ourselves, and to unshackle those chains that hold us back... :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts