Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...
I take a xanax pill about 3 times a week. Sometimes I take it only twice a week. I'm wondering how long it is safe to do this for? I know that if you take it everyday, which I don't, then you shouldn't stay on it for more than a few months. But do you know if there is a safety issue if I only take it 3 times a week?
Thanks!!

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
If you can keep it at 3 times a week, I can't see any problem in the future. The problem is keeping it at 3 times a week, but if you have been successfully doing so for sometime, then you're forecast on this situation is sunny.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
^ Yup, I don't think 3 times a week of a prescribed dose should be something to cause worry, but of course everyone's different.

As long as you keep it at 3 times a week and don't continually increase your dose, I wouldn't be too worried.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
3 times a week will still make you quite a lot more anxious on the days off
I understand what you're saying, but I just need the xanax for certain work situations. Yes, I will still have anxiety when not taking xanax, but I can manage it depending on what's going on at work.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for the reassurances. It's good to know I can keep relying on the med for awhile - hopefully w/o increasing the dose.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just try to only take it when you absolutely need it. The more you get used to it the more you will miss it when you don't have it.

There is no absolutes but you will build tolerance the more you take it.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hi...
I take a xanax pill about 3 times a week. Sometimes I take it only twice a week. I'm wondering how long it is safe to do this for? I know that if you take it everyday, which I don't, then you shouldn't stay on it for more than a few months. But do you know if there is a safety issue if I only take it 3 times a week?
Thanks!!
At what dosage?

·
Registered
338 Posts
I say take the meds every day. youll hit a tolerant level and bottom out, ie., i take 2 mgs of klonopin in the AM and 2 mgs in the afternoon and havent needed to increase

1 - 13 of 13 Posts