Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://imaginarygirlfriends.com/

So there's a site called that....where you pay $45 every 2 months to have an imaginary girlfriend who writes you letters, sends you email, and gives you a imaginary GFE, without the touching, drama, and/or sex. Supposedly, there's someone behind the screen that writes these letters and does the work, and it's probably a man.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Phone messages, online chats, and photos suggest it may not always be a guy. Seems the women are getting paid to play the role one might need to fool others for a length of time. I find it believable.

People have been paying for intimate relationships over the phone for years. This seems like the next plausible move in that industry.

·
Banned
4,253 Posts
Wow I'd love a GF but that's a little too desperate. Do you get to talk to them on webcam? that would be a much better idea, given that they are actual women that is lol

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
I think it would just make me feel more lonely.

·
Regretful still.
1,595 Posts
You read Cracked too?

·
Regretful still.
1,595 Posts
:D I'm jealous because I wanted to post that here but chickened out.

·
Retired Bingo Cook
11,401 Posts
I would rather have a real girlfriend, so we could cuddle kiss and make love together. Not get abunch of emails and letters.

·
Registered
40 Posts
:no So pathetic. A real man, a man with some sense of pride, saves up and orders a Russian bride. The love might be fake but the codependency would be real.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
My imaginary girlfriend is free and costs nothing, except for the rent in my brain.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wow, that's sad. People who sign up for this have basically given up on trying to generate a meaningful relationship with someone. On top of it, does this actually make them happy? A fool and his money...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I remember when I was little (around 9 or 10) and the only way I could make up a fake boyfriend was to try and give myself love bites. Bad times.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts