Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
APRA
257 Posts
hey omg i have the same EXACT problem as u. i know im not retarded to...im so frustrated and depressed that i dont know what it is. I believe my SA is caused by a huge portion of this ****. If u find out what it is i would like a response even just a wild guess. I would hate to think that the part of my brain that dictates language is damaged or something.

·
APRA
257 Posts
ive thought of this to. i have concentration problems to maybe its depression or ADHD? im not sure if these 2 can make it difficult to articulate ones thoughts through speech though. ive also thought it could be expressive language disorder...but this sounds real fishy. Aphasia is something ive also considered. Maybe this is a early sign of Alzheimer's, encephalitis, or a brain tumor. http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f33/forgetting-things-mid-sentence-69046/. looks like the guy who made this thread has a similar problem. It happens when im anxiety free to

·
Registered
520 Posts
It could be ADD. Regardless of that, it sounds like acetylcholine is playing a big issue. I have just been thinking about this kind of thing recently myself and looking more into it. I used to be extremely creative and quick thinking etc. And my creativity for the last long while has been disablingly non-existant, and my thinking was much slower for example while also in certain social situations I was been unable to respond promptly at times, etc.

This may sound less than appealing, but if you really wanted to test this theory. Buy some chewing tobacco and take a pinky fingers worth and put it in your mouth and just suck on it for a few. Cigarettes do not have the same intensity as this not even close, plus the smoke is much more unhealthy for you.

I did this last year I would chew and it turned my brain on like a light switch. You could also consider doing it while having a rockstar energy drink sugar free kind. The Panax Gingseng, Ginkgo, Taurine, and Inositol in the drink are no joke and very powerful ingredients especially when everything is all mixed together you get a good bath of neurotransmitter balancing.

I must stress only start with a pinky fingers worth. In the case of chewing tobacco less is more and not the other way around. If you take too much you'll puke your guts out and feel incredibly sick. Start slowly.

If you find this works, then the next thing to do is get some Huperzine-A and possibly a nicotine patch (also used in small cut up pieces) so you can toss the chew. I will be doing the same. :) Hey actually even better, you could try the nicotine gum.

·
Registered
728 Posts
how much socializing did you have as a kid, were you quiet with other people. It could just be a lack of social skills. i say things backwards some times, it happens when I seem to not be focusing, but also just my poor vocabulary and social skills. Actually its like your saying something that you would normally say several sentences down, Like

other guy __Oh, I feel very sick today"

you would say --> have you seen a doctor?

other guy__ No its just a cold, aaatchu(sneezes)

You would say --> God bless you.

It looks like your thinking what to say ahead of time.

·
Registered
619 Posts
ADD could definitely be the culprit. I was also thinking Asperger's as some of the others mentioned.

·
Banned
31 Posts
Don't quote me on this, but it sounds like you have a form of very high functioning autism. It usually has an impact on social skills and people with high levels of autism also have obsessions and compulsive behaviour.

By the way by high level I don't mean you're really autistic just that you are functioning at a much higher level than severaly autistic people; autism has quite a wide scope.

But I am definitly not a proffesional just what came to mind first as I was reading your post.

Oh and as others have mentioned Aspergers is a form of autism. Sorry for my terrible spelling.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was also thinking Asperger's as some of the others mentioned.
I 4th, or um 5th this...

It was my first thought after reading what you're experiencing... Maybe do a little research on Asperger's and see what you think? Also maybe mention it to your doctor to see what they say...

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
I can't speak for you, but for me I get that way when I'm thinking too much. I think it's a normal thing for anybody. I don't think your retarded just probably thinking too much about what to say, how you look, how your projecting, etc. I think that's normal for anyone. You do mention how this can happen when your not feeling any anxiety but I'm sure it's something that if you practiced enough you could have better responses - no worries. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sounds like Nonverbal Learning Disorder to me. I have it and I do the same thing. Like for example, let's say I accidentally close the door on someone, instead of saying "I'm sorry" I usually say "It's okay!". I also am a tad OCD about some things, I am constantly picking at my hair (I never pull the hair out though) and if I get a loose strand of hair on me, my whole body itches like crazy! :con

1 - 12 of 12 Posts