Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to think while maybe he was just looking at me and it was all some joke. Maybe, he didn't like me, but then when I think about it I'm pretty sure that he did. I'm not even ready to be in a relationship so I'm not sure why this is bothering me so much. I just wanted to talk to him. You know. Maybe, he's super shy himself. As soon as he grabbed my letter, he didn't even try to stay around to talk. He just split. I guess most guy's are afraid of rejection, too. I'm not used to this whole having to wait around for some guy to e-mail you thing. Maybe, he couldn't read my writing. Maybe, he liked me until he saw my writing. Maybe he saw my facebook and felt that the costs were more than the rewards. I'm not hiding anything from anyone. It says that I have SA. It does really affect my life. I guess, that would be enough for anyone to run away from. I dunno! I know I'm way too worried, but this is what I do, I worry.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
I'm starting to think while maybe he was just looking at me and it was all some joke.
Based on your other thread I would say that's not likely. A guy isn't going to waste his time on a girl he's not interested in.

You just did the note thing on Thursday, was it? Tough to say without knowing what you wrote. I assume you left him your email address. He could be stuck wondering what to write you. He could be playing a waiting game (which is stupid - if a girl gives YOU a note, just respond to her). He could be too busy to respond right now. He could've lost interest at some point for some reason (or could've not been interested in the first place - it would've been good to talk to him). Lots of possibilities.

One thing is just about certain: If you indicated interest in the letter you gave him and the feeling's mutual, he'll contact you.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
It's hard to say without knowing what you wrote. He might be waiting to see you in person again to say anything so I think you should refrain from any conclusions until then.

·
I like to shoot jumpshots
291 Posts
I suggest you go out take your mind off this guy. Like you said, the ball is in his court.

Worrying about it will not do anything at all.

You did your part and that's all you can do.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I think If I was in his position, and knowing that you were pretty interested in me, I would feel a little overwhelmed, I worry that if you had never spoken before, giving him a whole letter just like that is coming on a little too strong.. unless he had a serious crush on you, I think its possible that the letter could push him away, especially cause responding to it in some ways implies he agrees with what you wrote and if you were crazy about him in the letter, that he's just as crazy about you...It is very possible if this is a class, that he never noticed you at all! there are probably lots of good looking girls in class, and maybe you never stood out to him, but now you do! so he's possibly considering you for the very first time, while you've been thinking about him for awhile now.

so give it some time, and I think you absolutely MUST talk in person the next time you see him, cause he might be shy to start or conversation or know what to write to you!!
even if you just say a quick hello, and ask him if he got you letter..but I think more than anything you need to talk in person..

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
I think If I was in his position, and knowing that you were pretty interested in me, I would feel a little overwhelmed, I worry that if you had never spoken before, giving him a whole letter just like that is coming on a little too strong.. unless he had a serious crush on you, I think its possible that the letter could push him away, especially cause responding to it in some ways implies he agrees with what you wrote and if you were crazy about him in the letter, that he's just as crazy about you...It is very possible if this is a class, that he never noticed you at all! there are probably lots of good looking girls in class, and maybe you never stood out to him, but now you do! so he's possibly considering you for the very first time, while you've been thinking about him for awhile now.

so give it some time, and I think you absolutely MUST talk in person the next time you see him, cause he might be shy to start or conversation or know what to write to you!!
even if you just say a quick hello, and ask him if he got you letter..but I think more than anything you need to talk in person..
well, you already gave him the letter. and since you have been so anxious, i'm going with the assumption that you didn't say anything strong enough to push him away. it's already done. just don't stress about it. you seemed pretty sure he was looking at you, and it's impressive that you were brave enough to give him that letter. if it turns out he's not interested after all, he's just one guy, and it's not like he's going to go call all your friends and make you feel embarrassed for writing that to him. and if he is interested, he's probably waiting to talk to you in person; that's what i'd do if i were a guy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.