Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I have some form of OCD. I'm obsessed and bothered by other people's eyes. It makes it impossible for me to have a relaxing conversation with someone. I'm on Paxil now and that's helped me hold a job for me than 2 weeks lol, but as far as relationships go, I have none! Mainly cause of this problem. Any medications know to help this? Let me know if you have any suggestions

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I found SSRIs really s*** for my social anxiety. Just made me into the most boring person alive. Beta-blockers are actually something you might want to try if you have problems relaxing in certain situations. Then there's the stronger meds like Nardil for resistant cases.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If the paxil is not working as well as you think, then ask your doctor to try a higher dose. I just moved up in dose with Prozac and it seems to be helping a lot.

If that does not work, ask your doctor to try another SSRI/SNRI. Even though these meds are not supposed to be as effective as benzos, they are extremely consistent and stay in your body once it is "saturated" with the medicine.

If that does not work, talk to your doc about benzos/other meds.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Tranzuilizerz are the only thing for me. They are very dangerous though...but i feel comfortable to walk around if heavily sedated enough!! Be patient and you'll find what works..wishing you the best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts