Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lately I've done a really good job of going on a walk with my dog and sister every single day. I think I'm building up the courage to go places alone again! I know this area pretty well and even though there were a couple times I felt uncomfortable, I really enjoy being outside. And Taz (my dog) is so well-behaved and friendly. I never have to worry about him attacking anyone or pulling me around to embarrass me. I don't live in a very dangerous city compared to other places so...why not!? I think tomorrow, I will go on a morning jog with Taz, just me and him.

Also, I worked on my cover letter and applied for 2 jobs yesterday. I haven't had much luck with jobs these last few months. I haven't been able to land even an interview. But today, the results of my awesomely confident cover letter were apparent: one job I got a recommendation for and the other I got an interview for! I was nervous that my cover letter was stupid and wouldn't work. But you know? I thought, "I already don't have a job. If it doesn't work, I'm not any worse off."
Now that it does seem to be working, I feel a little silly. Of course it worked! I'm good at explaining myself and showing people what it is about me that works for them. *smacks forehead* I just had to keep trying. ;)

I'm really happy about all of this. All the anxious feelings and thoughts...totally worth it to go through. I'm going to get my driving permit first thing Saturday morning. And I'm going to make plans with a good friend I haven't seen in a long time. And I'm not going to do these things because I feel socially obligated to. I'm going to do these things because I want to!

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks you guys!

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts