Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i am a 18 year old guy. For the last year i have been dealing with daily anxiety attacks and a have been having a hard time finding motivation to do anything.
In school i have friends but i am not the guy who carrys the conversations, i just sit quietly and listen to the others.
After school i always have a lot of homework to do but i cant concentrate for more then 30 MINUTES, then i just end up daydreaming or going to my computor and randomly search the internet for hours. I also have a hobbies i which i wish i was good at but i i just cant get motivated enough to work. I feel really awful about it and it really stresses me out.
Mostly after school i try to give my self some kind of a "motivational speach" how i am gonna change my life and become succesful but i never go through with it. No matter how much i hate who i am... I cant stop procastinating.
I dont know who to turn to either. What should i do?
Thanks for reading

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Conter88,

To overcome procrastination, you will have to refer to self. Making smaller goals may be the things to do.

Welcome to SAS! :)

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Welcome. Talking to yourself and trying to motivate yourself is a good idea. My therapists always tell me I should volunteer to get outside of myself and it does help.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello there:)

Have you tryed to write down? And sitt down and say to yourself "This what i need to do and this what i need to work with"

Remember. You need to take one thing at time,often problem is that we think about everything at once. So that makes our head spinn and get to the point where you feel overwhelmed.

It might not be soulutions to every problem. But there are ways that can help or make things easier..they are there. You just need to find them! We all have different ways of how we handle it.

The worse thing you can do is giving up.Keep on fighting and search for those ways that works for you. You will find them:)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sounds like we have similar problems. Hope you can find some answers and maybe some motivation. Remember it's up to you to get motivation because not everyone will always be around to help you motivate yourself. Best of luck dude, welcome!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts