Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ****ing sick of it I go out my way to kiss *** all the time and I never express any of my opinions in fear of getting made fun of i'm so pathetic that I can't even wear a death metal band t-shirt because i'm to worried about what others think of me.

·
Registered
276 Posts
1. Learn to stop caring what other people think.
2. Learn to say, "No".
3. Take control of your life and don't let other peoples words, actions, or opinions of you influence your life. You know yourself better than anyone else and even if someone else judges you, it doesn't effect you.

When I mastered these three things, my life became a whole lot easier. It makes me laugh at how silly I was in the past.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I'm not necessarily a people pleaser, it's more that I'm too passive too often for my liking when I'm dealing with others. Sometimes I just want to be blunt, but I'll often censor myself out of not wanting potential confrontation.

I'm getting better at being in control and more adamant in my stances and opinions, especially with owning a small business where I have to make the decisions.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Wear the death metal band t-shirt. Be the death metal band t-shirt.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I get what you mean..I tend to be like that too. And well, sometimes you have to try not to care what people think. Especially with people I just pass by. It's not like I'll ever see them again! And also, I bet they have the memory of a peanut and won't really remember "judging" you days after and so on.
Only the person feeling embarrassed and submissive will remember clearly, but you have to think that you are most likely the only person that will remember it.
Hell, I wear map leggings and at first i thought I might be judged but you'll be surprised about how many people commented about them being cool, lol. Being with people you like will make you not care about other peoples' opinions...because real friends won't judge you and the fact that you're around them will surprisingly make you not care. Because well, you're too busy talking to them to notice other people at times lol

So, wear the shirt! I say go for it

I hope I somewhat helped. I'm sorry you feel this way

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1. Learn to stop caring what other people think.
2. Learn to say, "No".
3. Take control of your life and don't let other peoples words, actions, or opinions of you influence your life. You know yourself better than anyone else and even if someone else judges you, it doesn't effect you.

When I mastered these three things, my life became a whole lot easier. It makes me laugh at how silly I was in the past.
Thanks for the advice i'm going to try and follow that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts