Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Nikki, I live in Australia and am a mum of two boys aged 5 & 7.

I suffered from Anxiety & depression two years ago, unfortunately it took months for the doctors to be able to tell me what was wrong so I was extremely bad and went straight on to meds. I was on 200mg Zoloft until March this year. I had gained approx 15kgs of weight, and was feeling good in my mind, so my GP and I worked at tapering off.

Everything was fine up until two weeks ago. I felt I was getting the flu, ok, no probs, so I stayed in bed and rested. Got a really bad temp. Then two days later all the anxiety symptoms showed up again just out of the blue!

Shaking, agitated, could sit/lie still, couldn't sleep, cant eat (have lost 4kgs in the past week.), couldn't concentrate, and just in general cannot function! I have been up to the hospital a couple of times but pretty much got fobbed off the first three times. They gave me some sleeping tablets that I have had in the past and have had bad experiences with. I said I didnt want them, but was told it was that or nothing. Since I hadnt slept in over 24hours, I took them. Two days later I was back in there as I had been having suicidal thoughts.

They now have me seeing a psychologist. He seems to be helping, but has only put me on sedatives, which make me a bit of a zombie.

Can anyone relate?

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, MumOfTwoBoys! :)

·
Banned
974 Posts
:wel

Im a mum too. Years ago I tryed a few anti-depressants, and they made me un-natural, to say the least. Coming off of them made me feel suicidal too. It takes a long time to get that stuff out of your system.
Im scared to take any pills at all anymore since Cephelexn messed up my stomach. I live a pill free life now, and I feel much better, but im into suffering natrally.

Hang in there, I hope you feel better soon :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Nikki, welcome to :sas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.