Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm quiet all day at school and it kills me. I actually really like to talk and have interesting conversations and such but it's just no one talks to me. I don't try to talk to people cause I'm afraid people will just be like "why is this kid talking to me". I've been embarrassed enough times trying to talk and the fact that no one really tries to talk me just makes me think I should stay quiet and not try to make friends. There are some kids on my bus though that I feel like I can talk to because we broke the ice on a common interest: anime. I overheard them talking about anime on the bus one time and thought it was an easy subject for me to get into. But I soon found out that these kids are too unusual for me to be friends with. I heard them talking about unusual sexual fetishes that they belong to, one time. At that point I was like "kill myself". I hate people like that that make the anime fandom look bad but that's another story. A lot of people try to break me out of my shell. There was this one girl, real cute, I had her in two classes where she tried to do this. She seemed really down to earth and she was really nice to me and just was really trying and I probably seemed so uninterested and I thought "why does this girl even wanna be my friend? I'm so lame" So in this class I'm in with her I made myself look really stupid just cause I get super nervous around people. I don't think she was even there that day but maybe she was cause she soon stopped trying to talk to me and just looks past me now. I thought she was more down to earth than that. Then there was this this other girl, a real extrovert. She tried to break me out my shell too and I was the same super nervous boring fellow but she seemed persistent and I just didnt want to get too close to her because I didn't want to cramp her style. Soon she started being the same way, now she barely acknowledges me. What's wrong with me? I wanna try not to have this too long so I'm gonna stop it here. I hope it's not too long. Can anyone share any similar stories? Also it's my first year at this high school and I'm a senior.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Some people may find you lucky. You complain about having nobody to talk to, but when those two girls tried to talk to you, you didn't want to talk. I don't get it. At least somebody is trying to break your shell, nobody even noticed mine. You gotta stop with this self-pity you got going for yourself. You blew those girls off, of course they stopped talking to you. You surely didn't think that it was gonna be like that forever. You being the shy type and them the caring-trying to brake your shell kind of type girls. No! You gotta make at least some make some kind of effort. My problem is I have a lot of thing to say but nobody to talk to. Nobody is interested in the things I'm interested. Does it make me curl up in my room, say I'm stupid.. no it doesn't. Stop taking peoples opinions so personally and your days on planet Earth will be more sweeter. Get interested in some other things.. not just anime.. there are a million other things to choose from. You can't be interested in just one thing and feel bad because nobody likes the same thing you do.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You don't have to just talk about things you're interested in. That's a great way to learn stuff- listening to other people talk about what they like. Besides, people love talking about themselves. Just find their "flow" subject and they'll talk for ages.
After a while, when you feel more comfortable, you can add your own opinions.
I have a friend who came to England a few years back. Whenever the conversation grinds to a halt, I can just bring up Israel and she's off. It's great to hear other people's stories, and give you time to think of something else to say. You don't even need to speak at first. Especially with extroverts.
It's way more fun to learn about something you know nothing about than talk about something you know everything about.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some people may find you lucky. You complain about having nobody to talk to, but when those two girls tried to talk to you, you didn't want to talk. I don't get it. At least somebody is trying to break your shell, nobody even noticed mine. You gotta stop with this self-pity you got going for yourself. You blew those girls off, of course they stopped talking to you. You surely didn't think that it was gonna be like that forever. You being the shy type and them the caring-trying to brake your shell kind of type girls. No! You gotta make at least some make some kind of effort. My problem is I have a lot of thing to say but nobody to talk to. Nobody is interested in the things I'm interested. Does it make me curl up in my room, say I'm stupid.. no it doesn't. Stop taking peoples opinions so personally and your days on planet Earth will be more sweeter. Get interested in some other things.. not just anime.. there are a million other things to choose from. You can't be interested in just one thing and feel bad because nobody likes the same thing you do.
I guess I did blow them off kinda and now Im sure thats why they stopped talking to me. dont know why I didnt see it. I should be more grateful my situations not too bad Ill probably look ungrateful to those who have it worse and I should have less self pity. I need to do something and stop wallowing which is what I realized Ive been doing. I have to try to make those connections with people. And Im interested in a lot of things besides anime. dont know how you got that impression. I have something in common with almost everyone I meet but I just dont want to bore them with my stammering and awkard pauses and such but it was easy for me to talk those guys because I had been thinking what I wanted to say for a long time if i had the chance. anyway your comment helped me out im thankful for it so thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You don't have to just talk about things you're interested in. That's a great way to learn stuff- listening to other people talk about what they like. Besides, people love talking about themselves. Just find their "flow" subject and they'll talk for ages.
After a while, when you feel more comfortable, you can add your own opinions.
I have a friend who came to England a few years back. Whenever the conversation grinds to a halt, I can just bring up Israel and she's off. It's great to hear other people's stories, and give you time to think of something else to say. You don't even need to speak at first. Especially with extroverts.
It's way more fun to learn about something you know nothing about than talk about something you know everything about.
I never thought about it that way I will try it and good point you learn more listening i never thought about that thankss

1 - 5 of 5 Posts