Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is becomming a problem for me emotionally since I got pregnant 4 years ago and lost it. Now every month since I keep getting the idea that I am pregnant again. But Im not! I get my hopes up, but then cop a major disappointment when the time of the month comes. I dont know how to stop it. Im worried because I feel completely insane.. every month!
Im feeling it again, since my pants are fitting. Stop it! It makes me depressed.

Ive heard that women can produce the hormones to make the body 'act' as if its pregnant, if they really think they are pregnant, but are not. I think I have this problem. But its too embarrassing to talk about to a doctor.

My bf knows. But hates me getting my hopes up, then becomming depressed when my period finally arrives.

Has anyone heard of women with this problem?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yeah, I've heard of it A LOT. I know a bunch of people this has happened to....one of them even started lactating because she convinced herself she was pregnant.
I don't know how to make it stop though. :|

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
i think when you are ovulating and most fertile and/or when PMSing your body is basically preparing for pregnancy.. e.g. some girls' breasts become a bit fuller, some keep on water weight a bit more, cravings increase etc.

i have never thought i was pregnant though, but it would be pretty hard to convince myself i was considering i haven't even kissed a guy in freakin ages

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow it sounds more common than I thought.
Ive always been very 'hormonal'. I get bad period cramping, so much that I just want to curl up into a ball in bed all day, I just want to chop my boobs off they hurt so bad lol, I bloat so bad I go up a pants size and I cry because I feel incredibily ugly.. and I feel sorry for my bf, I get into intense rages when PMSing, the tiniest thing sets me off LOL its funny because when Im raging, I think its funny because I know its just PMS, I just cant stop. The PMS only last a day or 2.

I couldnt put a number on how many preg tests Ive had in 4 years. The doctor even asked me if I had some counselling after my failed pregnancy, since I would come in and have a preg test nearly every month! I never had counselling. Then I got embarrassed by the doctor asking me that and dont want to have another test.. because I know what the result will be. NEGATIVE!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts