Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i was a teenage, i liked a few bands a few movie stars and all that, but i eventually got over this whole thing after a few years. Then in university, i went on exchange to Asia for a semester, it was such an amazing experience and i was able to go to alot of concerts for kpop, jpop, etc. Its not until then i realized that seeing the celebrities perform in real life is so much better than watching them on a monitor, and although i no longer follow these celebrities through the internet and i no longer "love" them, every time i hear about their concerts and events i want to fly over to asia to see them.

In May, one of the band i like will hosting a concert in asia, and today my boss told me i could have 2 weeks off in May! i was super happy to hear it, and rushed home to look at flight details and second hand ticket infor. Then when i realized it wouldnt work because the flight time is too tight and all the impossibles of meeting sellers of second hand tickets days in advance of the concert, i got so depressed that this whole thing couldnt work.

I now wish my boss wouldnt have offered me the holiday at all, so i wouldnt even have the slightest hope for it. I know wanting to fly over the world to see a concert is crazy, but i also feel like life is too short, and i want to relive my exchange days because those were the best times of my life. :yes

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,371 Posts
I love going to concerts but I'm not fussed about seeing famous people in real life outside of that kind of thing. I'm either uninterested in their work, or I am interested in their work and therefore SA would massively get in the way for me if I tried to speak to them most of the time.

I like some jrock bands, a few of them come to the UK/Europe to play occasionally so that's cool. (Although some don't play in the UK and just play on the mainland, and I can't afford to go there right now :p)

·
Moving Towards Destiny
1,835 Posts
I lived in the Washington DC area for years and met some famous people; Morgan Brittany, Richard Gephart, Paul Stookey, Marty Feldman, Morris Udall the Congressman, Art Buckwald, Alex Jones, Bill Bruford of Genesis, Zbigniew Brezezinski, Buddy Rich, The New Riders of the Purple Sage, and a few others and what amazes me is that my SA almost disappears and I am able to talk to them and chat a bit without much anxiety. Very strange. Go figure !
( I am not making that all up - honest ! )

They usually look smaller in real life and not intimidating.
In the movies and on TV they look bigger than life and when you meet them and talk to them they seem quite average !

·
girl
386 Posts
yah same kind of

i'm meeting Pentatonix in 4 days, they're kind of a small time music group but it'll be the first proper encounter with 'celebrities' of any kind. i'm more nervous though. i guess you don't know what you'd do when meeting a famous person until it happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts