Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
A Lonely Fox
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By obsessed, I don't just mean I simply want to cuddle with my boyfriend. Because, well, I don't have one. Every single day when I wake up, I roll my blanket into a ball and cuddle with it. I can do this for hours and I often fall asleep while cuddling with it. I'll pretend like it's someone else; often my best friend (see my first question). When I'm somewhere away from my blanket I'll just fantasize about cuddling with someone, I'll go through all the possible ways of affection in my head. When or if I ever get into a relationship, I don't want sex. I want cuddles above all else. At night, I fall asleep cuddling with my blanket. Sometimes I'll be talking to my friends on Facebook, and out of the blue sometimes I'll say "I wish I was there so I could cuddle you" and they would usually reply with "I wish" and then we'll keep going on and on and on about us cuddling... and I love it. This has been going on for about 4 years now. But even before that, I would CONSTANTLY and I mean CONSTANTLY cuddle and snuggle up to my mom as a kid. So much that she would have to tell me to stop after a while. But ever since puberty I've grown out of that and now it's just boys who I yearn to cuddle. This may sound weird because I'm a girl, but I want to be the big spoon. I'm 15 by the way. Is it normal to think like this? I've been this way since I was 9, it started with cuddling my mom out of the blue and then it switched to boys only. It's weird because when I was 0-5 I HATED being touched by ANYONE. The years in between I was indifferent. Now all I do is cuddle nonstop with my blanket 24/7. Could this be a secondary disorder? Why am I like this?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I can't fall asleep if I don't imagine some girl is next to me, I just try to imagine that feeling, without any scenarios in my mind. I have that habit since earlyest childhood, before I even knew anything about those things. That could be very strange, I don't know.
And like you mentioned about sex, I always have to somehow force myself to do it. I'm always more in the cuddling mood when I'm with someone

·
Registered
146 Posts
Maybe it's some sort of fetish..not a sexual fetish but just in general. I don't really think it's a disorder. At least it's not obsessed with sex or something. That's what most of my friends dealt with at your age LOL. It's harmless!

·
Registered
68 Posts
i always want to cuddle to..its not a fetish. its more about just being with another person, not sexually, at least for me its about emotions. even if i am in a good mood. its like cuddling is knowing that something or someone is their with u. reminding u that u are alive, that u are a human. for me cuddling is about being able to emotionally connect with some one and just be there with them.

·
Registered
11,011 Posts
I loooooove cuddling, if I'm cuddling with a girl in front of a good movie then I'm in heaven. It's been a while since I've cuddled so I'm wanting it pretty bad as well.

·
alien love gardener
3,526 Posts
A fun fact about cuddles: it takes 20 seconds of cuddling for the cuddle to cause your brain to release oxytocin. Cuddles should always last at least 20 seconds. You can also give yourself (or your blanket) 20 second+ long cuddles to trick your brain into releasing those chemicals. I guess it's more of a thing I heard than a fact, but I will research it to find out if it's true right now.

·
alien love gardener
3,526 Posts
There are some studies backing up that oxytocin thing and there are also some very angry people on The Internet who want you to know that cuddling is not recommended as a cure to anxiety or depression and should be undertaken as a supplement to other treatment such as medication and therapy.

·
Registered
11,011 Posts
I can't find any clear results on the oxytocin thing but I did find out that there are some very angry people on The Internet who want you to know that cuddling is not recommended as a cure to anxiety or depression and should be undertaken as a supplement to other treatment such as medication and therapy.
Well I personally don't believe the internet and I plan on spending the better part of the rest of my life doing some hands-on research to get this figured out.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Guys may say they would just like to cuddle u too, but some may really want more...so be careful. Most guys your age are going to be very turned on lying down cuddling u...I'm sure when u say it on facebook to them some are thinking other thoughts...

·
Star Child
251 Posts
To an extent I think it's healthy and has no adverse affects aside from deluding yourself that your blanket is a person. I can't see a reason for this to be a disorder other than you are lonely or it just makes you comfortable and reminds you of your past. Whatever the reason I can't see a reason for you to be concerned with it! I love cuddling too it's one of my favorite things. I can't see it being an issue unless you randomly start cuddling with people.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I've only gotten to naked cuddle a few times, and it has a lot of power for calming me down and making me feel better, a lot better. I dunno why anyone would want to cuddle with someone if they aren't sexually attracted to them. And if a woman is doing it to a man she's not attracted to, for shame! :)

·
Banned
1,628 Posts
I sleep with 2 pillows,one is for cuddling and i pretending its a girl.Fuking pathetic

·
Registered
825 Posts
So long as the thoughts are not interrupted your day to day life its fine. Also, I find it interesting that it's only boys now yet you talk about it with friends. It sounds like you may feel like your lacking intimacy and want that. Could it be possible that you have fears and insecurities regarding sex and instead live out your physically intimate fantasies through cuddling? That is a question.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cuddling is amazing. I've been cuddleless for the past half year+ now. That's the one thing I miss most about a relationship, having someone to hold. I wish I had a friend I could snuggle up with every now and then, friend-with-cuddle-benefits. But on top of my already social awkwardness, an awkward request like that is very difficult.

·
Banned
575 Posts
I do find myself cuddling with my pillows too... and when the pillows aren't big enough, I add the blankets around it to be able to put my hands around it and hold real tight. AS you may guess, I have been single for a LONG time so I am really lacking oxytocin and other bonding chemicals. I Was totally unaware of the oxytocin released during cuddling but I know why I almost always feel like cuddling my pillow at night or in the morning. Pay attention of being willing to cuddle with boys. Make sure you pick up the right people to cuddle with, not just the nearest guy because you want to cuddle so much and your blankets are far away.

·
Banned
126 Posts
I had a friend in high school who used to have an obsession with hugging people. Mostly women. Found it creepy.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Err, I don't think it's a disorder as such, but maybe a little bit more obsessive than the norm. As long as it's not causing you too much distress or putting you in dangerous situations I'm sure it's fine.

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you lack loving physical contact then of course it's normal to find a way to simulate it. I'm not proud to admit it, but i've actually pulled one night stands just to be able to cuddle after the sex.

When I think of women, I don't think of them as sex objects, it's more about sharing love things, cuddling, kissing, caressing, and stuff like that.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts