Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ummm, well where do I begin my name is Mike, I am 24, and I live in southern California. I was in denial for a while over SA I finally did some research and found that I have many of the symptoms associated with it. Everyone always just said that I was just shy and just needed to talk but what they didn't realize was that it wasn't that I didn't want to talk but that every time I think about talking that I would be so nervous of saying something stupid or embarrassing myself that I would just clam up and not say anything,or my mind would go completely blank. I am single because of the my ability not to talk and it is not because people don't like me I have been told by anyone who knows me that everyone who talks to me likes me but getting me to talk to people was the problem. I have become a sort of shut in I only have about 5-6 people I can really call friends and can be loose around. I can't even be loose around my brothers and sister. I don't have the same problem with work or school it is mainly social interactions, like talking to women, meeting new people, small talk,etc. OK well now that's over hopefully let the change begin

·
Banned
177,222 Posts
Hey Mike welcome.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome

Welcome Mike
I'm new here too. I know exactly what you mean. I only really have 2 friends that I see. And I am ok at work, but social stuff especially talking to women I just can't do.

·
Registered
154,228 Posts
Welcome, MikeyDown! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.