Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:| Here I go again, an inherently unsocial person yearning for human contact. Why is it that I long for contact but often find it intolerable when I get it, and find myself unable to speak as eloquently in person as I do when I'm online? Anyone else have this phenom? In person, unless it's one-on-one, I often feel like an idiot with nothing to say, but in online venues, I can be pretty chatty. One of my many weirdnesses...
Anyway - hello - my name is Leslie and I'm looking forward to seeing what this site is about and maybe finding solace in the company of other sufferers.
B.t.w., I'm sure this is spoken of somewhere on this forum, but not too many years ago I first read about Avoidant Personality Disorder (AvPD) which I'm 100% sure I have. I'm sure I'm not alone there... though I've never been professionally diagnosed.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hello and welcome! :). By the sounds of things you will fit right in. :D.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Leslie, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, UnlovedUnwantedMe! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Leslie and welcome! I'm new also and this is my first post but I can empathize with your situation and often also wonder why it is so much easier to converse on-line than in person. I'm sure it will be helpful for everyone, including myself, to recognize that we are not alone and that many persons are working through similar issues. Best wishes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts