Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Here Today & Gone 2morrow
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I am happy to have found this site... Ive been struggling with social anxiety w/ depression my entire life. My social anxiety is crippling and I have no friends. I go to college finally but even that is very hard and I have made no friends... I come off as very rude or snobby and im very short with my responses like I dont want to talk but sadly inside I do, badly. I cry every night because I am so lonely and cannot figure out what is so wrong with me. At this point in my life i am not sure what to make of myself but I find comfort in finally seeing I may not be alone in this battle.

<3

·
suh dude
1,466 Posts
Hi :) welcome! You can always find people on here to talk to, and many have gone/ are going through the same type stuff.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I come off as very rude or snobby and im very short with my responses like I dont want to talk but sadly inside I do, badly.
I feel like this all the time. Especially when meeting new people. I don't know how to make small talk then when I should say something I don't. So it comes off bad even though inside Im just struggling to find something to say :( And I feel terrible afterward, because that is their first impression of me, and I don't expect them to try to be nice to me again since I was so weird the first time. :doh
so you are definitely not alone in this, and :wels

·
Attention Def..OMG KITTY!
380 Posts
Welcome ASadSummer! I truly wish that you'd be able to find some company soon or at least a shoulder to cry on.

(You name reminds me of A Midsummer Night's Dream for some odd reason :S)

·
lord of smoothies
558 Posts
Hey ASadSummer, welcome to SAS! :D

I'm sorry to hear how tough things are, I hope you'll find some comfort in this forum. And of course if you wanna talk about anything just gimme a shout :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, ASadSummer! :)

·
SUS Member
10,615 Posts
So not alone. We are legion, and our numbers are growing daily. (Though it occurs to me that that might not be a good thing. :um)

There is nothing wrong with you ASadSummer. You wouldn't say that there was something wrong with you if you were too tall or too short. It's something that happened to you, not something you did. I have a whole family full of people with SA (three brothers, a mother, two aunts, a grandfather, etc.) It's genetic (or at least epigenetic) not a personal failing.

You'll always find plenty of people to talk to here.

·
Banned
4,659 Posts
Hi Summer. You'll find lot s of people going through similar stuff here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts