Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I guess this all started with my first girlfriend. It was during my freshmen year, two years ago. I've had SA for as long as I remember, I didn't even know SA was until a couple years ago! But anyways, her name was Kayley. Her eyes were the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in the world. I met her the first day of school and instantly fell for her. I talked to her and got to know her better and got her number. It was all good and dandy. Then she ended up dating another kid. The day I found out I cried for hours, wondering why she would date this other kid rather than me. Eventually they broke up. Which was nice. Things continue on. Then I find out she's bulimic and cuts herself. I was obviously surprised. I do everything I could to help her, talking to her parents, the school counselor, etc. She gets a little better. We eventually date. But during that time I was depressed and she was still bulimic. Everything went down hill. We break up. I break off the friendship and delete her number and get her out of my life, it was the best thing for us. I then, by this time its the end of sophomore year, had gone through many phases of depression, no therapy (met some people online who I talked to, one who is my friend now, we text on a daily basis). Fast forward to junior year. I currently like this girl name Jhana. She's incredibly smart and really nice. I spent 6 hours at her house with other people studying for the AP Environmental Science midterm and it was fun. But during that time, I did notice a couple of things. Every time we would (there was around 5 other people there) talk, she would look at me alot. And when I was sitting on the floor next to her, she petted my head (which isn't that odd since girls love my spiky short hair) but what was odd was that she wouldn't stop petting my hair until someone commented on it. Only then did she stop. Then I petted her hair since it was a fun thing to do. I finally go the nerves to sit next to her on the couch. And when I did, she pretty much laid on top my me :p u snapchat her daily and text her too. I guess my first step would be to ask her to a movie or something.

Somehow this ended in a happy note. I felt mad at first but now I feel kinda better

·
Registered
742 Posts
Well I guess this all started with my first girlfriend. It was during my freshmen year, two years ago. I've had SA for as long as I remember, I didn't even know SA was until a couple years ago! But anyways, her name was Kayley. Her eyes were the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in the world. I met her the first day of school and instantly fell for her. I talked to her and got to know her better and got her number. It was all good and dandy. Then she ended up dating another kid. The day I found out I cried for hours, wondering why she would date this other kid rather than me. Eventually they broke up. Which was nice. Things continue on. Then I find out she's bulimic and cuts herself. I was obviously surprised. I do everything I could to help her, talking to her parents, the school counselor, etc. She gets a little better. We eventually date. But during that time I was depressed and she was still bulimic. Everything went down hill. We break up. I break off the friendship and delete her number and get her out of my life, it was the best thing for us. I then, by this time its the end of sophomore year, had gone through many phases of depression, no therapy (met some people online who I talked to, one who is my friend now, we text on a daily basis). Fast forward to junior year. I currently like this girl name Jhana. She's incredibly smart and really nice. I spent 6 hours at her house with other people studying for the AP Environmental Science midterm and it was fun. But during that time, I did notice a couple of things. Every time we would (there was around 5 other people there) talk, she would look at me alot. And when I was sitting on the floor next to her, she petted my head (which isn't that odd since girls love my spiky short hair) but what was odd was that she wouldn't stop petting my hair until someone commented on it. Only then did she stop. Then I petted her hair since it was a fun thing to do. I finally go the nerves to sit next to her on the couch. And when I did, she pretty much laid on top my me :p u snapchat her daily and text her too. I guess my first step would be to ask her to a movie or something.

Somehow this ended in a happy note. I felt mad at first but now I feel kinda better
Jelly as hell bro, can't lie. Good for you :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jelly as hell bro, can't lie. Good for you :)
Lol. Supposedly she likes someone else. When I find out she like someone else my (whatever I have as) confidence is gone. I get all sad and worked up. And cry at night. Which will what happen tonight. Since I'm obviously not good enough or smart enough for her.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Lol. Supposedly she likes someone else. When I find out she like someone else my (whatever I have as) confidence is gone. I get all sad and worked up. And cry at night. Which will what happen tonight. Since I'm obviously not good enough or smart enough for her.
Better than no action at all from my side :/

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Better than no action at all from my side :/
Actually she texted me telling me that she knows I like her and that she hasn't written me off yet, she just doesn't know me well enough to decide.

Looks like I'm going to have to push my SA to the limit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lol to much reading for me. I stopped after reading after originally

·
Registered
11 Posts
mistake

-_- i mean 'well'

1 - 11 of 11 Posts