Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mute-By-Depression
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My names Hex (actual name, no joke) & I have mild/slight depression. I hope I can find some help &/or advice on here.

·
Attention Def..OMG KITTY!
380 Posts
Welcome to SAS Hex :D (Awesome name!! Yup...still trying to get over the fact of how awesome your name is :S)
I use to suffer from depression too, suck doesn't it :c

·
Mute-By-Depression
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Major. & it's just gettin worse unfortunately. It's like life hates me & wants to make sure I'm always unhappy

·
380 Posts
Hope it gets better soon! Ever tried a therapist?

·
Mute-By-Depression
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Read my profile. I actually did have a therapist years ago, but she actually is part of my cause for depression

·
380 Posts
Ah, my bad, didn't see :(
I also experience my friends and relative treating me like I had mental issues :/ Not a fun thing to experience. Some of them still do..

·
Mute-By-Depression
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aw I'm sorry. Don't u wish u could make them understand how bad that hurts? My cousins even have an autistic brother & they still treat me kinda bad most of the time :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Hex. I'm with Elude, that name is awesome. You are not alone in your struggle with depression. In one of my bible study groups in college, I found that just about all of the member was taking or had taken an antidepressant.I hope that your depression becomes less intense.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi Hexfur Welcome to SAS. I went through a period of depression for a long time and recently got out of it's intense peaks this year. I know most therapists don't really have what it takes to help people. I had 2 of them and was about to have a 3rd but I realized that I would have more progress doing things by my own accord instead of taking pills. If you wanna talk, feel free to message me. :)

·
380 Posts
Aw I'm sorry. Don't u wish u could make them understand how bad that hurts? My cousins even have an autistic brother & they still treat me kinda bad most of the time :(
Haha, we are never alone and no need to be sorry xD
Hm, tbh, I wouldn't want to wish the amount of hurt I use to feel on anyone xD that might just be me though. I guess that's just how some humans are though. Nothing we can do, except absorb it and move on :S
I truly wish that your pain stops when your depression stops.

·
Mute-By-Depression
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know what other people think, but I do to think the pain ever truly goes away even if you get over depression :( & saying sorry is my thing XD it's like a habit

·
suh dude
1,466 Posts
Im curious, do you feel like your SA led to depression, or the other way around? I think for me my SA held me back socially and that led to depression. Luckily, I do not have much in the way of depression anymore, but the semi mild SA remains. Anyway, welcome to the forums :)

·
Mute-By-Depression
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually, I do to have social anxiety.....at least I have no problems speaking with people in public other than me being kinda shy & not wanting to converse with idiots (not calling anyone here that lol). I just have issues that have happened over the past 10 years that have caused me to be depressed enough that my school noticed it (well before my parents did I might add) & it's just getting so bad I need help so I came here.

·
suh dude
1,466 Posts
Well I certainly remember those depressive feelings very well, I know its hard but it will get better. Hopefully some stuff on this forum will help you in that journey!

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Hexfur! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts