Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to do something about my SA. I am so ****ed. I have been trying to go to the doctor for months and I can't do it. Everyone who was supposed to help me forgets, or does something selfish, or doesn't want to help me. It is driving me crazy. i just want someone to take care of me.

I am going crazy because my friend has been in the hospital for a few days because of "depression". He is kind of moody, but not depressed. Basically everyone in my family is depressed, and he has maybe one of the symptoms. he keeps going to the hospital because he tells them he's going to kill himself. He talks about it in public, all talk no action, attention kind of guy.

Anyways, 8 have been depressed since I was 12, SA since I was 15, and I've been having problems with paranoia and other fun things too lately. I am so lost, my family is unable to help me through their own problems, and I cannot do anything by myself.

And my friend, this guy with a loving family who jumps whenever he says anything, is getting treatment for a disorder he doesn't have.

i just don't know where to go from here, when I have broken myself apart by allowing myself to tell people I trusted about SA (i can't even tell them about depression because it is too embarrassing) and they have failed me. i can't do anything.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
If you haven't got anyone around you who understands what you are going through, and so won't help you, you have to help yourself and see a doctor.

I know it will be hard (I feel a bit of a hypocrite as I haven't been to a doctor about how I feel, but I have some other people to talk to), but you need to tell someone.

Don't suffer alone. If no-one else, you have everyone on this forum to talk to. I know being on here has made me feel less alone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts