Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason, I have no trouble talking to people as long as the subject is me. I don't know why, and I hate it, but that's how it is. Sometimes when I open up to people about my SA, they'll say "Well you're not having any trouble now" but that's cause I'm talking about myself! Good conversations need to be 50/50, but I don't know how to incorporate other people into it. I can't think of what to say to them.

Anyone else this way?

·
Registered
609 Posts
the key to any good conversation is that it goes back and forth...you cant just have 1 person talking about themselves or else its boring...im the king at acting interested in people when im really not..i think its easy to talk to others about themselves as i find most people re more than happy to just sit there and talk about themselves..

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the key to any good conversation is that it goes back and forth...you cant just have 1 person talking about themselves or else its boring...im the king at acting interested in people when im really not..i think its easy to talk to others about themselves as i find most people re more than happy to just sit there and talk about themselves..
Yeah, but then I get bored! Lol. I just need to find the middle ground, I suppose.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Wow I am the complete opposite! I love to listen and let the others do the talking. I am a person who likes to listen and observe before talking. When the subject is on me, I get flustered and blank out. I wouldn't even know what to say about myself because I'm not interesting. I agree with Belfort. For a conversation to be successful it has to be a two way street. Dominating too much might make others see you as someone who loves to hear themselves talk.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow I am the complete opposite! I love to listen and let the others do the talking. I am a person who likes to listen and observe before talking. When the subject is on me, I get flustered and blank out. I wouldn't even know what to say about myself because I'm not interesting. I agree with Belfort. For a conversation to be successful it has to be a two way street. Dominating too much might make others see you as someone who loves to hear themselves talk.
Completely agree. Words taken out of my mouth. :\

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.