Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason, I have no trouble talking to people as long as the subject is me. I don't know why, and I hate it, but that's how it is. Sometimes when I open up to people about my SA, they'll say "Well you're not having any trouble now" but that's cause I'm talking about myself! Good conversations need to be 50/50, but I don't know how to incorporate other people into it. I can't think of what to say to them.

Anyone else this way?

·
Registered
609 Posts
the key to any good conversation is that it goes back and forth...you cant just have 1 person talking about themselves or else its boring...im the king at acting interested in people when im really not..i think its easy to talk to others about themselves as i find most people re more than happy to just sit there and talk about themselves..

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the key to any good conversation is that it goes back and forth...you cant just have 1 person talking about themselves or else its boring...im the king at acting interested in people when im really not..i think its easy to talk to others about themselves as i find most people re more than happy to just sit there and talk about themselves..
Yeah, but then I get bored! Lol. I just need to find the middle ground, I suppose.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Wow I am the complete opposite! I love to listen and let the others do the talking. I am a person who likes to listen and observe before talking. When the subject is on me, I get flustered and blank out. I wouldn't even know what to say about myself because I'm not interesting. I agree with Belfort. For a conversation to be successful it has to be a two way street. Dominating too much might make others see you as someone who loves to hear themselves talk.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow I am the complete opposite! I love to listen and let the others do the talking. I am a person who likes to listen and observe before talking. When the subject is on me, I get flustered and blank out. I wouldn't even know what to say about myself because I'm not interesting. I agree with Belfort. For a conversation to be successful it has to be a two way street. Dominating too much might make others see you as someone who loves to hear themselves talk.
Completely agree. Words taken out of my mouth. :\

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
I think this is the first time I've seen this here, that someone is more comfortable talking about themselves.

Me, I'm the opposite. My SA is pretty much at its worst when I'm the subject.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts