Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

I'm just curious,why do some of the Moderators never actually moderate?

1K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  veron 
#1 ·
Does anybody know??

#3 ·
Now that you asked it, i'm curious too :b
I don't have the exact answer, but maybe some moderators have less spare time than others (work, other obligations that comes above an Internet forum, etc.)
Or, as nothing to fear said, it is very possible that some just play a more "behind the scene" role. Or, maybe it's another different reason.

#4 ·
Im sure they do plenty that we cannot see. I only know, because I am an admin, on another site.
Also its volunteer, some people have work, family and other commitments and cannot be around here 24 hours 7 days a week.

#5 ·
I don't think the original question is meant to be anything bad....I think its a fair one.

I don't know and have never been privy to in any way of what goes on "behind the scenes" of SAS, of this there is no doubt. Just SAS gossip.

Its my impression that the mod title rolled with the new owner. Those who were mods prior to the great LA/SAS split stayed mods.

There used to be way more mods than there are now. I am sure the names Truseeker (spirituality mod), Becky, Thunder, leopardess, Needium (chat mod) ring a bell with longtime members. Apparently, prior to my time on SAS there were others that I have heard about.

I do think its fair to say there are only two 'active' mods. I have never suggested taking anyone's mod title away; but rather adding to the 'active' mods.

Also, dare I say, adding diversity to the active mods. Not to say that John and Don aren't diverse but having more than two viewpoints wouldn't hurt anything. I know I am viewed as a loose cannon by the SAS staff but I would hope that amongst our roster of long time members, one could grant mod rights to SOMEONE.

I am not for mod "elections" as suggested in an earlier thread, but I think that someone who has invested so much time, energy, heart, and soul into SAS like some members in addition to myself would make great mods. Obviously, there are some long time members that have proven SAS means a great deal to them. Why not expand the mod roster to what it used to be and get different thoughts and ideas going on?

And I again say this not to "bash" the current mods; their job isnt easy and I know they do the best that they can. Its a lot to take on and sometimes I wonder how they keep doing it. They take a lot of crap overall. It would be easier on them if the load was lightened a bit I would think.

Just my two cents....gee that sounded SO much better when I was Penny. :lol

#8 ·
I have noticed that those two seem to be the authority when it comes to issuing public warnings, locking threads, etc., but I can't say that none of the others do, because they may do it more privately. It does make me wonder though if maybe the other mods are more apprehensive about borderline posts so they leave it to MM or Amocholes, and that in turn makes it look like they aren't doing their job.

This post has been deleted
#13 ·
The other mods have locked threads. There is also the anxiety factor. A few of the mods have been through a lot lately as well. Drew has stepped in on numerous occasions.

We also remove posts that you don't see and the infraction thing, yes....it's stuff that you do not see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.