Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Ex SA Suffer-er lol :)
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay ive had SA and severe depression for like 2 years without me knowing I just knew there was something wrong with me.. then i googled **** that i felt and bam Social Anxiety popped up and i read about and i was like **** now this is what i have im glad theres a name for it and its overcomable.. dnt kno if thats a real word by the way lol so you kno i had really high anxiety and was really negative cause of my depression.. even though i had this there was always this positive voice in me pushing me to beat all my problems..

Went to psychiatrist put me on lexapro 10mg and seroquel 150mg xr... lexapro killed my depression and decreased the intensitiy of my anxiety... so now that i was able to think clearly and a bit more rational i decided to take therapy.. i did cognitive **** and a good friedn who beat SA introduced me with afformations and affirmations and changing my beleifs.. all these tools were extremely help especially changing your beleifs it changes your brain to think positive.. basically negative beleifs filter the information that your brain receives.. for example someone laughs and you have a negative beleif bout people or yourself your negative filter or beleif process that info as oh oh they are making fun of me or teasing me.. then you get anxious.. if you have positive beleifs like " I expect everyone to be nice and friendly" you filter filters the info positively like wow she has a cute laugh i wonder what she is laughing about and you mite even laugh and ask her lol.. basically SA is all bout changing your beleifs.. i also did this thing called self therapy and it was pretty helpful to.. you guys should research that technique it decreased my anxiety alot aswell...

As soon as i installed the "i expect everyone to be friendly and nice" my anxiety decreased dramatically around people.. so i recommened that to be a first beleif to install.. here is how my buddy thought me to install beleifs the fastest way and permenentally..

You state the opposite of your negative beleifs like your beleif might be "everyone is evil and mean" so your new and positive beleif could be "I expect everyone to be friendly and nice" ones it becomes true you view the world and people totally different and your anxiety decreases.. this is how to do it..

Affirmations: I expect everyone to be nice and friendly
You expect everyone to be nice and friendly
(your name) expects everyone to be friendly and nice..

And you repeat this to yourself in your head alot of times.. i did it all day everyday.. and everytime i ahd a negative though trying to come in i just repeated the affirmation to let the thought float away.. you also find evidence to your new positive beleif to make the beleif stronger..like wow he just opened the door for that girl people are friendly and nice.. just small details that prove your beleif to be true.. at first it might not work for you depends on your mind but it will eventually just takes alot of repeating it in your head... another powerfull way to make the beleif stronger is by imagining the beleif being true already and how good you feel and how people react to you in social situations.. get into it.. feel the positive emotion hear the laughter.. feel the happiness..

also use afformations

Afformations: Why do i expect people to be nice and friendly?
Why do you expect people to be nice and friendly?
Why does (your name) expect everyone to be nice and f riendly? and then your brain then comes up with positive responses like.. people are always friendly and nice why shouldnt people be like this with me? they are only mean when they are mad and if theyre mad its not my fault.

well i just wrote alot of **** down and im tired lol but yea all of this has helped me alot in overcoming my SA.. i say im about 85% done with it lol.. im able to have fun long conversations with people and now im looking for a lucky lady to get close to... good luck everyone this **** is beatable.. just thought id share what i did to hopefull inspire people cause i remember the lows of SA and how ****ty i used to feel and **** like this used to inspire me and give me hope.. :clap:boogie:clap:boogie

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
139 Posts
wow, everlong! that is amazing i'm very proud of u:) u have given the rest of us a positive outlook on life, how our lives can change for the better if we just believe in our thoughts of positivity.

·
Registered
690 Posts
The positive affirmations sound really helpful. I think I'll give them a try. Also congrats on making so much progress.

·
Banned
497 Posts
Okay ive had SA and severe depression for like 2 years without me knowing I just knew there was something wrong with me.. then i googled **** that i felt and bam Social Anxiety popped up and i read about and i was like **** now this is what i have im glad theres a name for it and its overcomable.. dnt kno if thats a real word by the way lol so you kno i had really high anxiety and was really negative cause of my depression.. even though i had this there was always this positive voice in me pushing me to beat all my problems..

Went to psychiatrist put me on lexapro 10mg and seroquel 150mg xr... lexapro killed my depression and decreased the intensitiy of my anxiety... so now that i was able to think clearly and a bit more rational i decided to take therapy.. i did cognitive **** and a good friedn who beat SA introduced me with afformations and affirmations and changing my beleifs.. all these tools were extremely help especially changing your beleifs it changes your brain to think positive.. basically negative beleifs filter the information that your brain receives.. for example someone laughs and you have a negative beleif bout people or yourself your negative filter or beleif process that info as oh oh they are making fun of me or teasing me.. then you get anxious.. if you have positive beleifs like " I expect everyone to be nice and friendly" you filter filters the info positively like wow she has a cute laugh i wonder what she is laughing about and you mite even laugh and ask her lol.. basically SA is all bout changing your beleifs.. i also did this thing called self therapy and it was pretty helpful to.. you guys should research that technique it decreased my anxiety alot aswell...

As soon as i installed the "i expect everyone to be friendly and nice" my anxiety decreased dramatically around people.. so i recommened that to be a first beleif to install.. here is how my buddy thought me to install beleifs the fastest way and permenentally..

You state the opposite of your negative beleifs like your beleif might be "everyone is evil and mean" so your new and positive beleif could be "I expect everyone to be friendly and nice" ones it becomes true you view the world and people totally different and your anxiety decreases.. this is how to do it..

And you repeat this to yourself in your head alot of times.. i did it all day everyday.. and everytime i ahd a negative though trying to come in i just repeated the affirmation to let the thought float away.. you also find evidence to your new positive beleif to make the beleif stronger..like wow he just opened the door for that girl people are friendly and nice.. just small details that prove your beleif to be true.. at first it might not work for you depends on your mind but it will eventually just takes alot of repeating it in your head... another powerfull way to make the beleif stronger is by imagining the beleif being true already and how good you feel and how people react to you in social situations.. get into it.. feel the positive emotion hear the laughter.. feel the happiness..

also use afformations

Why does (your name) expect everyone to be nice and f riendly? and then your brain then comes up with positive responses like.. people are always friendly and nice why shouldnt people be like this with me? they are only mean when they are mad and if theyre mad its not my fault.

well i just wrote alot of **** down and im tired lol but yea all of this has helped me alot in overcoming my SA.. i say im about 85% done with it lol.. im able to have fun long conversations with people and now im looking for a lucky lady to get close to... good luck everyone this **** is beatable.. just thought id share what i did to hopefull inspire people cause i remember the lows of SA and how ****ty i used to feel and **** like this used to inspire me and give me hope.. :clap:boogie:clap:boogie
you will apreciate thinkrightnow then. www.thinkrightnow.com

they have a programme for social anxiey, its awsome

·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
screw this just went to the mall and felt like the most confident person there and felt really awesome.. i had a lot of attention from the ladies and i handle the attention well and confidently.. next time ima try to get a few numbers hehe.. id say im 93 % done with this SA madness... and i forgot to take my lexapro dose today and i had it in mind and i didint get anxious about it... me beleifs are to strong man lol..... good luck guys.. this **** is beatable.. show those beleifs who is boss.. keep em positive.. =)

·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh and 2 other beleifs that im using rite now that helped me be extremely confidnet at the mall were... "I have come to a conclusion that peoples thoughts are none of my business"... this beleif makes not give a **** what people think of you so i was extrmeley chill talking with people cause i wasnt trying to "mindread" cause why? cause i have come to a conclusion that people thoughts are none of my business.. and i proved the beleif rite by going to the mall and not caring and how good i felt... another one is "i am in control of my own power" this beleif has boosted my confidence and made me feel in control of my anxiety emotions and its given me this attitued that i ahve the power to view things how ever i want cause im in control of my power... for example.. my mom screamed at me today at the mall cause i hanged up on my sister and she wanted to talk to her and everyone was looking at us in complete silence and instead of getting anxious bout what people thought i was **** this im in control of my power i can view this situation im in how ever i watt and feel how ever i want about it and i just laughed and just called her back "and said okay mom chill chill" and i called her turned around and said hi to this chick to prove to myself im in control of my power... trust me people this is all good stuff.. if i was reading all this crap back then when i was negative i would probably be like BS this guy is full of it.. but this is all good stuff it really works...

take care everyone

·
Force of Habit
91 Posts
This is an awesome success story - just reading it makes me feel confident! Congratulations, mate.:clap

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey first let me say "what's up!" dude i just went to LA last week for 4th of july weekend. had fun with my family at disneyland and universal studios. well down to business...let me say a big fat CONGRATULATIONS to you. i'm actually doing waht you described in your paragraphs right now. i've been doing this CBT program for about 7 weeks now and i have begun to see improvements so this positive thinking which results in positive beliefs really is the key to beat SA. i hope to become free from social anxiety and live my life without fear of social situations. sounds ridiculous as im typing this but jeez, fear of social situations is waht i still have and want to demolish! i'm 17 just like u so thank god we discovered we had SA early on. other people who have SA and are older, it don't matter. take the first step to overcome SA and that is one day less u will have to live with anxiety. BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE AND KEEP THOSE THOUGHT/ BELIEFS POSITIVE!

oh, btw what positive beliefs are u guys trying to instill in yourselves?

·
Registered
558 Posts
... Affirmations: I expect everyone to be nice and friendly...
Where did get that affirmation? Just wondering if it's from a web site, or if there's a list? I mean are there any more affirmations? Did you or your friend just come up with it? I need some good affirmations. :) I know I could come up with my own, but if there's a list out there specifically for SA that would be awesome.

·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Banned
497 Posts

·
Banned
497 Posts
http://www.social-anxiety-solutions.com/change-your-brain.html

That is my friends site he talks more into detail in what i explained and yes he has a list of affirmations and stuff.. his site is really helpful check it out...
your friend has a lot of info on beleifs. do you know were he got this info from ?

is there one particualr book ?

i already have knowledge of beleifs as ive read a lot of cbt and am certified in nlp but im not an expert ad still have more to learn

i want to know absolutely everything there is to know about beleifs . is there one book you can recommend that your friend used ?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Nice. I gotta say 1 thing thing though. I was where you were at a while go, got a little to cocky and actually forgot about SA for a while and then it came back like that, so I wouldn't let up with the stuff your doing for a couple months after you think your "cured".

·
speechless
1,710 Posts

also use afformations

THANKS for sharing Cesar!

·
Registered
10 Posts
is seroquel a good medicine? I have a friend who recommended it to me, although hes bipolar and the drug is an antipsychotic, i looked it up and saw that it can be used for anxiety in some cases..and he said it changed his way of thinking completely..for the better O: so im thinking of trying to get that prescribed

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am happy for you but if it was really that easy then what is everyone doing here???? I guess it might not work for everyone, it sure as hell doesnt work for me. Not trying to burst your bubble you should keep it up if its helping you. guess im just down cuz ive tried that and pretty much everything else and it doesnt work, it may work for a day, maybe a week, but SA always seems to come back. thanks for sharing and good luck.

·
Registered
105 Posts
yeah def thanks man i always knew i had to think more positively but im starting to realize whats the point of thinking negative so what if a person is being rude or something, its not like i did something wrong right lol. anyway great post man and good luck to everyone with their sa.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts