Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

I'm in college!!!!!!!!!!

640 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  SavorFlavor 
#1 ·
I took a big leap. I'm finally at The Art Institute where I wanted to be for so long!! I'm still scared of talking to people, but I'm getting used to doing it. I haven't had a panic attack in months and I'm feeling confident about myself! I even started taking therapy again and I'm really looking forward to it! I'm glad I never lost hope even though at times I doubted myself. I encourage everyone to not loose hope because anything is possible if you keep trying and never give up!!!!! :clap :boogie

#2 ·
Congratulations.

I know how it must feel to start at a new place. I have been to 10 different schools in the space of 5 years, and I have never got used to the feeling of starting as a new kid in the slightest.

I hope you have an easier time acclimatising to your college.:)

#3 ·
congratulations on taking that step! I am a college student as well and know how hard it is to leave family and be independent. It's hard meeting new people, not to mention living with them... For me, I think I grew a lot socially going off to school. good luck and have fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.