Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After spending almost two months of actively searching for a job and being turned down everywhere cuz I don't have the experience (haven't worked in 6 years due to school and personal problems), and/or references (I have absolutely no references other than a couple of friends), I finally have a job!

I'm gonna be working in a CHOCOLATE store! :banana They called me this morning and said I was hired. It's only a part-time seasonal position, but I don't even care. I'm just happy some place actually gave me a chance! Plus, it's a CHOCOLATE store! lol. I can't think of a more perfect place to work (well, a charming bookstore would be a dream come true), LOL.

First job in 6 years...hope I don't freak out on my first day :fall

·
Registered
321 Posts
WOW That's GREAT!!!! Good Luck!! :)

·
Registered
146,656 Posts
Congratulations, Stellar! :boogie :boogie :boogie

Now, you'll have chocolate....and a paycheck!:lol

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Congratulations! I wish you luck. You'll be working with chocolate, one of my obsessions. My first job was working in an ice cream shop that was like a Dairy Queen but this one had a small restaurant in front. I worked in the back. I enjoyed my time there and I gained weight in the process. :lol

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Purpleice, it's funny you mentioned Dairy Queen. That's one of the places I want to work at but never got around to applying! Ice cream, and ice cream cakes? *drools*

Goran, no problemo. I've already bought a special bag to transport the chocolates :D

radudeATL said:
Congratulations, stellar! That's...well...stellar!!!

BTW - dark chocolate is full of flavonoids (with antioxidant-like effects) - good for the heart...
lol @ the first sentence - I didn't consider that definition when I registered!

According to the company's website: A substance in chocolate called theobromine triggers the release of endorphins, which are chemicals, produced by the brain, that act like a natural antidepressant and can temporarily relieve the "blues".

Heh, more excuses to pig out on chocolates :popcorn

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.