Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been going through a lot recently. Family issues (both my parents are dead and my sister can't afford the house on her own), financial issues (see previous), I'm getting laid off and I probably have to drop out of grad school. I don't have a lot of friends and nothing makes me feel "happy" - or anything really. I have a therapist and starting seeing a doctor when the anxiety became physical (nausea, headaches, dizziness and brief fits of anger when I am alone). I was prescribed SSRI and haven't taken any due to my fear of taking them. I could really use a friend or a hug right about now, but I don't know how'd I react...
Has anyone else taken SSRI's? How'd you react? Did it make things better. I am really scared about my future. Anyone else have any ideas?

·
Barbells and kittens
3,940 Posts
I don't have any advice, but I've been emotionally crippled for a long time. I had extreme ups and downs most of my life and maybe this is a coping mechanism to avoid the emotional rollercoaster my life was before. I'm never depressed, but I'm never happy either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts