Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I AM GOING TO CHANGE. I AM GOING TO CHANGE.

And I suggest anyone else who is leaving the stifling oppression of high school and are given an opportunity to go somewhere no one knows your name, to start all over again, to do the same as me: CHANGE.

I know the reason for my SA now. It is my lack of self-confidence; and that, in turn, results from my feelings that I didn't deserved to have confidence because I had no job, had no social life, joined no clubs, had/have zero (that's 0.0000) friends, and basically had no life. Now I will have confidence because I will know that by my studying rigorously in college I will be developing a sense of pride in my form of work.

And I will change my mindset. I will have a positive attitude, no matter what. And I will push myself. And when my mind and body scream "no no no" to doing something that makes me anxious, and doing something like introducing myself to a random person seems impossible, I will push through it.

And if I feel like I will have nothing to say, I will prepare things to say. And if I feel like my social behavior is inferior, I will study other people in their social settings to see what they're doing that ain't so different or is better then me.

I am going to try every f***ing thing, every f***ing possible way to beat my SA.

I will grow. I will be optimistic. I will change.
And sorry for using so many sentences that begin with "and".

·
Protector of the Den
15,164 Posts
I've been happier after high school. Good luck :) You're starting with the right attitude. Just don't beat yourself up if things don't always go perfectly.

·
Staying positive
754 Posts
I like your attitude man, college can be a great experience. Put yourself out there and meet new people.

Also, why not make that change today? You don't have to wait til you graduate or until you get to college to change. You can start right now!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow, my feelings exactly. Unfortunately, I wasn't self-aware enough to realize this until my 3rd year of college. Now I feel so disconnected from campus life. My advice is to take chances and stay involved with something you really like. College is a unique opportunity to discover your identity. You've got the right attitude. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts