Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 16 years old. I have no friends, the last friend I had is basically spending all her time with her b/f and is blowing me off so I decided to give up. It's starting to get really depressing seeing everyone else my age having fun with their friends, plus it's common knowledge at school I have some sort of eating disorder.. which makes people avoid me even more. I don't even feel human, I'm really ugly.. and i'm not just one of those people that is really pretty but just sees themself as ugly. I am just plain ugly. I like to swim, play sudoku, read, write stories, run, listen to music and have fun but I can't really do that when I can't make friends.. My counsellor tried to get me to pursue someone who I find interesting and try to make conversation, but I can't. I am too afraid of rejection do that, I expect it almost.. do i just have to accept the fact im too awkward, ugly and boring to ever have a chance at being normal?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Why would you accept a situation you can change?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Unless you post a pic then we have nothing to go by. And almost always people are not as ugly as they try to convince others that they are.

If you are feeling lonly then I have just the soltion for you. Its simple.

Ready for it?

Bring Jesus into your life. Church is a great place to get a lot of great friends and do all sorts of fun activities. I've been going back to church these past couple of months and my depression has been fading away so much. I've meet great people that are so kind and want to share the holy gospel with you. I've been invited to a few dinners and BBQ's to hang out and hear the teachings of Christ.

Life is so much better when you allow Jesus into yours. Give it a try.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Its bad when your friends go off and be couples, why cant people just be cool all the time!!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
a person doesn't need to be attractive to have friends or a bf. Based on your comments, I would guess that part of the reason you don't have friends is because you push people away, and the other part is because people don't want to be friends with someone who is perpetually in self-pity mode.

Also, you mention a fear of rejection, but that's just another way of saying "I'm afraid of risks". As people frequently say on this forum, the only way out of a rut is by taking risks. Maybe those are questions you should be asking your counselor - "Why am I afraid of rejection? Why am I afraid of taking risks?"

You really need to be working hard at this now - it only gets worse if you postpone it until your 20's.

·
behind you
748 Posts
I think I will end up doing something crazy if I don't talk with somebody irl. It's not that bad when you don't have friends, but when you don't talk to somebody, anybody, all day, that's when you slowly start going insane

1 - 8 of 8 Posts