Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I come from a pretty large city of 3 million people.. Quite entertaining...

I moved away a to a mid-size city of about 300, 000 people.. Not as entertaining and mostly focused on nature...

There is a nice University here and it's basically the reason why I'm here.. I'm planning on completing a bachelor degree therefore I'll be here for the next 4 years...

I'm already 24 years old, almost 25, and I find the idea of being here for the next 4 years scary... I feel like I'll never get these years back...

But at the same time, I've already wasted enough time in my life and I'm in a good situation financially and by studying here I'll be able to complete my studies without any bad surprises or anything... But I'm extremely bored...

I don't know what to do anymore... I feel like moving again..... I don't know what to do...

·
Lost in time
86 Posts
Where to begin... OH!
You shouldn't move to a place only for a university. I can't say much about the educational system, yet what I can say is that your happiness matters. If you aren't really enjoying life are you even living, or just alive?

Wasted time, huh? Forget the past, focus on the present for a better future.
Do not judge solely on your previous actions.

(helping you solve your issues)
I may be wrong but here's how I see it...
I'm bored.

It's not the size of the population, you haven't interacted with 3 million, nor will you interact with 300 thousand in your life. -So that can't be the issue.

Perhaps the atmosphere isn't what you're use to? Or are you fighting an unresolved issue?

·
Seriously , never serious
6,456 Posts
4 years will go quick and in the grand scheme or big picture 4 years is nothing . Get your degree and enjoy life where ever you want once you have it , good luck

·
Down the rabbit hole
4,499 Posts
And whats the job prospects after your degree? Maybe start cocking burgers at McDonalds and skip those 4 years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts