Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the gyneochologist today because she wanted to take a look at some medical records back in 2003 of blood test and MRI results. I had the tests done because I've been having absent periods for a while. I can go sometimes six months or more without having one. She looked at my results and said they rule out an ovary problem, and she said my adrenal gland, cortisol, and prolactin levels were all high. So, she said my problem could be of the brain. She wants me to do more blood work and another MRI test to see if things have changed since 2003. She also wants me to see an endocrinologist. She said I was a puzzle because she hasn't really seen a patient with this problem before in a long time. She wants to rule things out so she can figure out what's wrong with me.

She also said that the high levels of the hormone secretions could be what's affecting my mood and causing my anxiety too. Hmm, I would never think my anxiety would be caused by a health problem and I somehow doubt it. But if fixing this problem could cure my anxiety than I'm all for it. I don't think it's causing SA though. It makes me wonder if there is some relation between hormonal problems and anxiety.

·
Registered
370 Posts
There are health problems which can cause what appears to be a purely psychological disorder. Thyroid problems in particular are known for this. I've never had any blood work done, but I think it might be worthwhile just to rule out any biological causes. It would be pretty weird to find out something like that was the cause.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Well, good luck :), A healthy lifestyle will help you get on your way. I wish i could find out something like that and get it fixed, but i believe it's purely phycological for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts