Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never thought this would ever happen since my undergrad grades sucked big time. I'm both excited and nervous, since the program I'm doing requires me to do on-site regular classes throughout the entire program. I'm getting my master's degree in counseling, beginning Sept 29 through the University of Phoenix. They have a lot of degrees that you can get solely online, which is good for people with SA, but unfortunately the counseling degree (which is the one I am most interested in) doesn't have an online program so I have to go to regular classes with other people. I really wish they had an online program for the counseling degree, but at the same time I also think that it might be good for me to have to go to "real" classes.

I never, ever thought I could be a grad student because of my grades and plus most universities are so subjective ... but with the University of Phoenix, as long as you meet the requirements you're admitted and they don't make you go through all that usual admissions crap like letters of recommendations & other things like that. I'm not sure what all programs are available through their online campus, but I know they will ask you if you are working since they cater to working people... but it's no big deal. When I asked about it I found out they don't check your work references, so you can just make something up and give a phone number of someone who will vouch for you. That's what I did. The lady I talked to said she's never heard of the school actually calling up and asking for details or anything like that.

I know they have a lot of online undergrad and graduate programs, as well as "flexnet" where you just attend first & last class on campus & the rest is online, so if anyone wants more information let me know. :) I don't mind fielding questions, since I have always liked online classes myself and all that. :)

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Sounds great! Congratulations! :banana

·
Registered
314 Posts
That is great! Congratulations to you and "Well Done."

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm a bit nervous about actually attending a real live class since I'm so used to online classes. I can't remember the last time I actually completed a live class. Last spring I dropped my Spanish class because we were forced to get into groups each class period.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
All right, RedBlueFish! :boogie :boogie :boogie!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts