Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Im 15, in high school and to be honestly my life kinda sucks. I have to go to high school everyday with no friends and its really hard, but what makes my life really suck is my Social anxiety. It makes my life a living hell at high school. Im insanely self conscious and insecure because of it.

I keep telling myself life'll get better but I just dont see it happening anytime soon. The reason I said my life KINDA sucks is because I acually have one thing going for me and its the fact that I like how I look. I just wish I didnt have any ance, but other than that, I like how I look. Thats something that makes me happy. Another is marijuana, I smoke it alot. I just love to come back to my comfort zone (my house) and relax and smoke.

Anyway, What Should I do???? Im pretty miserable, weed is the only thing keeping me sane/happy. Social anxiety ****ing ruins my life. I HATE SITTING IN MY ROOM ALL DAY. Can someone help????

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
... Social anxiety.

If you dont know what that is, its a disorder that basically means your extremely shy. It makes my life a living hell at high school. Im insanely self conscious and insecure because of it.
Thanks for the definition I wasn't sure if I had social anxiety or was just posting on these forums for fun!

Ok sorry for the sarcasm. But you should really quit smoking... drugs are not the right way of coping (that includes alcohol). Like the person above me said, try joining a club or something, leadership, yearbook, etc. You could also visit your counselor.

·
Registered
211 Posts
er ignore the first person ..
If this is really disturbing you like severely than I think you should either go to a psychologist and try cognitive therapy. I've been to 3 and they haven't helped me but it really depends. My anxiety is genetic since most of my family has an anxiety problem so I just can't control it. Yours may be caused by either experiance or like I said genes. I am 17 and in highschool and my life has been a living hell as well. I've had anxiety since elementary school but I didn't know that I did and I thought how I acted was normal. I remember going to polish school on saturdays and having no friends. I thought that by meeting new people they would come up to me and say want to be friends? well no! Throughtout gr. 9,10 my SA was able to manage but until gr.11 it was so severe that I would hid in the bathroom at lunch. So this summer I decided that this was enough! I decided to take meds for it and took my chances. I am also epileptic so I could have a seizure because of this med. I am on zoloft 50 mg and I really feel a differance. Last year I would feel like I was dieing or that someone was choking me but now I can breath easier and talk easier with other people. I am almost 2 weeks on this med and its already changing my life! I still have anxiety since I haven't been on this med for a long time. Anyways I think you should ask your parents about eihter a psychologist or for meds. You are almost old enough to take them anyways. I also go to my psycholohist since I need someone to talk to about my problems...you know let out all those negative thoughts and feel better after :)
Good luck to you and I hope for the best! If you have any questions message me anytime.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts