Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I'll be seeing a psychologist, I'm not sure how long the session will last however my relatives will be with me throughout the session I think and I know I think there might be some more "personal" matters that I would want to discuss one on one with the psychologist rather than having my relatives there.

What should I mention on my first visit ? Should I go into detail about everything that's been bothering me ? Or should I just take it easy at first ?

Thanks

Jordan

·
Still Running
387 Posts
I’m not sure what to tell you Jordan, but if it were me I would take it easy on the first visit if my family was there. Maybe you can get a feel for the doctor and decide if you will be comfortable working with them.
Good luck with your visit.

·
sa challenger
5,079 Posts
Well today I'll be seeing a psychologist, I'm not sure how long the session will last however my relatives will be with me throughout the session I think and I know I think there might be some more "personal" matters that I would want to discuss one on one with the psychologist rather than having my relatives there.

What should I mention on my first visit ? Should I go into detail about everything that's been bothering me ? Or should I just take it easy at first ?

Thanks

Jordan
First time, say what you feel comfortable saying with relatives in the room. The psychologist will likely ask them for privacy at some point, then you can add more.

·
SAS Member
31,285 Posts
It will probably be a feeling out session where the psychologist will want to know your general problems and then later sessions will go into more details.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts