Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with the stipulation that you have no further contact with any family members-Would you agree to it??

·
Banned
4,304 Posts
Hahaha my parents would be so devastated but yeah I would, I could finally move out of the house immediately, I'd just travel the world for like a year, and then settle down and be lonely again.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I'd kinda miss my sister but oh well. She's probably taking a job half a country away anyways. I've decided I hate my mom, stepdad, dad, stepmom, uncle, and I'm leaning towards disliking my aunt lately. My grandpa never talks to me anyway. I'm just waiting for the chance to move farther away from them.

Now if it includes my spouses family that would probably be a problem. They are very accepting and a close family. I think this weekend we are starting a new tradition of everyone going out to eat on Sundays.

·
(.*?)
6,790 Posts
Sure. I'd miss 'em on holidays but otherwise there wouldn't be any difference, and even a tiny fraction of that money would make a huge difference in making my life secure.

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
I never speak to anyone in my biological family, ever, besides my dad. And we fight all of the time, in fact I blame his abuse for most of my mental problems. But even so, I know deep down he loves me and I couldn't bring myself to just abandon him for any amount of money.

·
Registered
175 Posts
No. Maybe for $50,000,000 or $100,000,000, because then I'd feel confident in knowing that the moral acts I could do with that amount of money would outweigh the moral irresponsibility of depressing both of my parents.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Why? What have they to gain? Is there something I need to know about my family? Are they really worth $100 million and this is a scam by some evil guys who want me out of the way so they can move in, get adopted and get my rightful money!?!

But yeah, why not.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts