Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think you could fill your life with enough pleasant distractions and interests,that you could be truely happy without any friends?? Or are they an absolute necessity for you to be happy??

·
Registered
10,466 Posts
It would be nice to tell them at work to kiss my ?!#. Don't get me wrong I like most of the clients I deal with. I am sick of all the paperwork, red tape, and back stabbing. If I had lots of money to not able to work the rest of my life it would suit me fine.

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
Well this subject has been covered many times before and there are usually lots of people who say money would solve their problems. I wish money would solve mine but it wouldnt. Yeah, having lots of money would be nice and would solve some problems but it also would just bring about others and certain issues that reside in me have nothing to do with money. :stu

·
dazed and confused
960 Posts
Yes, I think I would be happy having that kind of money. I'm a loner, anyway, so I don't need other people in my life, except for my boyfriend. If I had that kind of money, I would buy a house in the country, have lots of animals and a garden. That would be fulfilling and peaceful.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I think I would be happy to be a millionaire but only if I had friends and family to share it with.. or at least my boyfriend lol.. I could never be trulely happy on my own.

·
Registered
718 Posts
No, you can buy the big mansion or penthouse and sit in it by yourself and the isolation will be amplified.

Having said that, having a bit of money can help relieve a lot of stress, not having to worry about the next bill and not being as limited in your access to things. It would certainly be liberating in that respect.

·
SAS Member
31,285 Posts
You would still feel lonely. What good are all those new toys when you can't show them off, lol? That being said, I would still take the money in a heartbeat.

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,028 Posts
Being excessively rich wouldn't make me happy I don't think, distracted yes, annoying with banks yes, happy not so much.

Personally I think being covered for all expenses plus a little extra would be ideal for me, add a girlfriend to that & perhaps I may find happiness, perhaps

·
SnotRocketTime
404 Posts
i'm not sure if i'd truly be happy but i'd give it a shot. i bet i'd make friends with people that have similar interests because i'd be doing/going to/seeing what i enjoy all the time. i would be leaving the house if i had enough money to not work and roam about.

·
finished uni!
449 Posts
No - for me money is not important. What's more important is getting the affection and love I need (from friends, family etc.).

So if I were a millionaire, I would give all the money away to charity...

·
ಠ ¿ ಠ
913 Posts
I think I would be quite satisfied. I would simply buy as peaceful and serene a mansion as I could find out somewhere in the rural countryside where I wouldn't have to expose myself to the general public often, unlike the current madness that I am living in down here in Miami.

I'd probably have a few musical instruments to keep me distracted for awhile as well as pursue various philosophical and academic interests to pass the time, and I'd probably eventually develop the ascetic lifestyle of peace, tranquility, and serene meditation that I've always desired, without any anxiety-provoking incidents to get in the way, in order to fill the lonely void.

·
Magnanimous carcinoma
6,888 Posts
I'd be able to wear a top hat and monocle without an undercurrent of irony, which would naturally cast a bit of happiness in my direction. Other than that, I would be able to, you know, eat everyday, not have my heat turned off in the middle of winter, and -most importantly- draw a bath filled with gold flakes and blue whale eggs as bath beads. I can't argue that I would be inherently happier, however. But it would really f**king help in that endeavor, more so than the abject poverty my mound of debt and parental dependence seems inclined to eventually place me in.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
My biggest problems in life have always been with school/work. If I suddenly became a millionaire and no longer needed to work, I'd be happy as can be!

Sure it would be nice to have someone to share it with, but I'm a loner, so I don't necessarily need others in my life to be happy.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I don't want friends now, and I don't want friends when I get better either - I find them quite pointless and I don't want to spend time with them.

If I were a millionaire i'd spend it on our wedding, a house and car.

·
Registered
195 Posts

1 - 20 of 65 Posts