Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I watched it. What he's saying is true. If you want to be successful in anything (including overcoming social anxiety) you have to want it badly and be focused intensely on your goal.

This is one of my favorite quotes:

Andrew Carnegie said:
Here is the prime condition of success, the great secret," said Carnegie. "Concentrate your energy, thought, and capital exclusively upon the business in which you are engaged. Having begun in one line, resolve to fight it out on that line, to lead in it; adopt every improvement, have the best machinery, and know the most about it.

·
Banned
257 Posts
Wow, i just watched this man, and to be frankly honest with you i am impressed. This guy is very cool, i love it...

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
As with most inspiration/motivation things:

Easier said than done
Yep. No one really talks about the most important thing. How do you control yourself?

Most of us don't really have self-control. We can't do the things we say we want to do. We can't break free of our bad habits.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Easier said than done is just an excuse... If you truly wanted something you would do it and you can do it. I battled SA for 3 years until i finally surrendered to myself and broke through the habits of my boring pitiful life and said i want to change and i'm going to do it whether SA holds me back or not... i don't give a fhuck i will endure all the pain i can feel just to feel free from myself. Time waits for no one and i want to lay on my death bed feeling proud of my life.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive seen most people in my life who have this have never seen pain, have never been through a rough life and have never had to try and fend for themselves because mom and dad will always be there to help. Until reality hits you in the face and you go experience the world HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO CHANGE BY JUST SITTING LOOKING AT A SCREEN. This forum is good for advice but the ironic thing is it won't help people with SA because the fact that we are safe behind our screens just PROLONGS THAT FACT.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just thought id bump this back up and help all of you. You are looking at a changed person here. Hope it motivates you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts