Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
481 - 500 of 522 Posts

·
Administrator
3,124 Posts
You have stumbled into an error on the site software and how it interacts with the character "&". Basically it's translating incorrectly and so nothing gets shown. I edited your album name to be the word "and" instead of a special character, and I'm doing a rebuild of Album images, which should fix everything. Will check back in after it's done

Kevin

·
Dog Lover
1,497 Posts
Can I talk to a moderator in pm?
I have a couple of questions i'd like to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Take Good Care
7,902 Posts
I made a photo album on my profile that I can't open or delete...if one of you mods could scrap it for me that would be sweet
@Silent Memory just posted about symbols. Did you happen to use any symbols in your album name? In the meantime I'll go see what I can do :)

*edit* Hmm...Ok I just went to take a look and the album is not visible to me. It's likely part of the glitch Silent posted about here:

https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2226699

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,175 Posts
@Silent Memory just posted about symbols. Did you happen to use any symbols in your album name? In the meantime I'll go see what I can do :)

*edit* Hmm...Ok I just went to take a look and the album is not visible to me. It's likely part of the glitch Silent posted about here:

https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2226699
Another mod told me about that issue when I sent her a PM, just figured one of you gods would be able to see it and sort it but if not it's no big deal, not especially important, just annoyed me a bit

·
Super Moderator
7,363 Posts
Hello
I want my account to be deleted. Is that possible?
Sorry, I have to contradict Silent Memory's post above about this. We don't delete accounts, but at least traditionally the mods will not mass-delete all or nearly all of a user's posts, either. We only do limited post deletions on request, don't want to encourage removal of too much good/useful content from the forum. :)

·
(J)joke(pj)partjoke(s)sar
1,219 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,363 Posts
Also, if you get banned, can people still look at your post history ?
As for why accounts can't be deleted, AFAIK it has always been like that on this site and it's never going to change, sorry. It would remove too much useful content from the forum search system anyway, if not the actual posts maybe. Also, just as user requested bans were discontinued years ago because too many users kept wanting to come back, deleting accounts would perhaps create even more trouble/confusion etc, if they later wanted to come back.
Though having said that, ONLY if you are in an EU country, maybe you could plead your case for account deletion because of the GDPR privacy law. You'd have to PM Helena to ask an admin about it.

As for your post history being viewable when banned, it depends. If you are banned through Ban and Clean (mostly used for spammers), then only mods can see your posts, because they are all automatically deleted. If the ban is done manually through the moderator control panel, then anyone can see your post history (except for any deleted posts, of course). Though it may be slightly more difficult to find your profile, because banned users don't show up in the members' list.

·
Administrator
9,013 Posts
Why can't you delete accounts and when will that change?
If we deleted accounts or banned people on request, others would want their accounts deleted or banned as well, which can create too much work for the mods and/or remove too much content from the forum. If you are spending too much time here, which is the reason why most people want to be banned, you can change your password to something random and then log out.

When user requested bans were still allowed, some members would change their mind after the ban and then create new accounts. Only one account is allowed per person. There are other good reasons why accounts can't be deleted or banned by request, and it won't be changed.

Also, if you get banned, can people still look at your post history?
When an account is less than 300 days old and the member was a troll, spammer or posted a lot of inappropriate content that otherwise would need to be deleted, we use a feature called Ban and Clean. This deletes all posts, visitor messages and private messages by that member and bans their IP address so they can't return with a new account. When this happens, the account isn't deleted, but you won't be able to see their posts anymore. Their post count will return to 0 and they will have "Banned" beneath their username instead of the usual "Permanently Banned" or "Temporarily Banned." If they created useful or popular threads, sometimes those will be undeleted, so you will still be able to see them and anything else the mods decide to undelete.

-

I didn't word my post about post removal properly. When posts are deleted on request, we prefer to only delete threads if they're personal and not useful to other people. If a thread has received a lot of replies, that will be left alone, too. It wouldn't be fair to delete those threads because then other people would lose what they posted in them and some content in the thread might be useful or valuable to other members.

Mass deleting posts is very time consuming, and we don't do that. It can disrupt threads and remove other people's posts. The only time it might be okay is if the post count is very low (usually less than 10 posts), but we would still rather not do that unless the posts contained your personal information which you regret posting. The same as for user requested bans, if we delete all of one member's posts, others will want the same done for them. When you join any forum, you agree that the content you post will belong to the forum and that you will take responsibility for what you post.

It's a good idea not to post anything you think you would want removed later. Once you reach 50 posts, you will unlock a feature where you can edit or delete your own posts (not threads).

481 - 500 of 522 Posts