Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving around the other day and I was thinking, if I try and hide the fact that I have social anxiety, it really doesnt bother me. But the older I am getting the worse it seems to get! But if I have people in the car with me, and i dont want them to know, it usually just seems to disappear for awhile, and I am fine. Dont understand it much, but that is how i operate!!!

But on a positive note, I got into an accident with a bicycle and my car the other day(thats not the good part) So that brought my anxiety up alot, but I have had to keep in touch with my insurance, and they have been calling me and I have had to call them back. THat is my main problem, is the telephone, answering mainly, I have gotten better here lately with calling people. So YAY for me!!!!!!! Sorry for the long novel, just got on a typing frenzy.!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I understand! Little things that you have to do, like pick up the phone and call some company about a problem. . .It can be so stressful! I have found that if I jot down notes about what I am going to say to them, I can manage to put on my "Assertive" voice and I usually get through it just fine.

Of course, it may take a couple of hours afterwards for the shaking to go away.

People without SAS don't understand stuff like that.

·
Registered
225 Posts
A lot of people don't even care or notice at all, it's just the person with SA is over exciting himself in their head it starts to show around them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts