Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In public, on the train, what would you think?

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Spread Your Wings
1,512 Posts
Ignore.

·
Banned
728 Posts
It would depend if they were being arrogant and showing off, or just clowning around.

Either way i would instantly think of the annoying adverts:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm still wondering about the fat hairy dude that was on his porch the other day with tight shorts on and flip flops. the ones that are all smashed to one side like they've been used as airplane landing gear.

I want that kind of confidence, even to this day, without most of the SA problems, I would not step my *** out of the house.

I bet that dude would dance with an ipod.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I'd be annoyed and uncomfortable...

It's like this guy that was working at Chipotle... he was trying to get my attention by dancing, but instead I pretended I was intently watching the cashier who was 500 miles away.

I thought he was arrogant and annoying, and seemed kind of mean.

·
Registered
256 Posts
If they were relaxed and genuinely grooving to whatever music they had on without a care in the world, I'd be envious of the free spirit.

If it was some sort of "look at me" thing it'd be whatever.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd be annoyed and uncomfortable...

It's like this guy that was working at Chipotle... he was trying to get my attention by dancing, but instead I pretended I was intently watching the cashier who was 500 miles away.

I thought he was arrogant and annoying, and seemed kind of mean.
But what if that wasn't the case? What if I was doing for my own amusement, the fact that I feel music so strongly that it makes every emotion so intense you have to move. What if I usually didn't care about anyone else around me or I wasn't trying to hit on someone?

I feel extremely self-conscious and anxious today, usually I wouldn't give a damn, but I think there was this one girl who I think was thinking exactly like you. Sometimes it makes me so depressed that people can be so judgmental, why can't people let people be free?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I wouldn't "think" anything. I dance in on the street sometimes. People are allowed to express themselves. It's healthy.

·
Registered
761 Posts
But what if that wasn't the case? What if I was doing for my own amusement, the fact that I feel music so strongly that it makes every emotion so intense you have to move. What if I usually didn't care about anyone else around me or I wasn't trying to hit on someone?

I feel extremely self-conscious and anxious today, usually I wouldn't give a damn, but I think there was this one girl who I think was thinking exactly like you. Sometimes it makes me so depressed that people can be so judgmental, why can't people let people be free?
If I wasn't thinking along those lines, I'd still be embarrassed to watch someone dancing. That's just how I am, and that's my problem. If you want to dance, then that's your thing. Obviously dancing attracts a lot of attention, and a lot of mixed reactions.

I've seen other people dancing, and thought it was cute/funny-ish, but was still intimidated.

It's not like I'd ever confont anyone about their dancing... I would just very awkwardly ignore them.

·
Somewhere but not here.
1,802 Posts
I would assume that they're listening to something really cool, and I would want to listen to it.
I would also hope that they don't bump in to me.
If they were a bad dancer, I would probably try to hide a laugh. I'm really bad at it, so I would probably end up embarrassing both of us.

·
Renewed Hope
354 Posts
I would probably ignore it but if they were near me then I would be slightly annoyed.

·
Registered
139 Posts
lol, i would probably cheer them on in my head and smile, only if they didnt care what people thought and had a good rhythm going. and i would be a bit envious as well.

·
R.I.P. Do not contact.
1,905 Posts
Depends on if crotch-thrusts are involved.

I ridiculously mimic playing an instrument when listening to music, so I wouldn't have room to judge.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts