Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if I worded the title correctly but what I am asking is that if your current self and a 13 year old version of you met, would you two get along? I think my 13 year old self would be disappointed at what he sees for variety of reasons. All the promises and hopes that I made for myself at that age have not been kept.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I don't think we would be friends or anything. I no longer like most of the things I liked when I was 13 and we'd both just be too difficult to talk to. I think my thirteen year old self was even more pathetic than I am now though.. I don't know

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think we would be friends or anything. I no longer like most of the things I liked when I was 13 and we'd both just be too difficult to talk to. I think my thirteen year old self was even more pathetic than I am now though.. I don't know
5 years isn't that much of a difference though. It would be kind of like a little and big sister relationship.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
5 years isn't that much of a difference though. It would be kind of like a little and big sister relationship.
I could hope for that! I think I would dislike my 13 year old self more than my 13 year old self would dislike me though. But then I could have someone to take with me everywhere in the car until I got comfy with driving, like my sister did with me :roll

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could hope for that! I think I would dislike my 13 year old self more than my 13 year old self would dislike me though. But then I could have someone to take with me everywhere in the car until I got comfy with driving, like my sister did with me :roll
So you're the younger child? I am the oldest of three and often times I thought about how it would be like being the middle or youngest.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hmm... I'm not sure.

Despite my shortcomings, I'm proud of who I am today... But my thirteen year old self was kind of an *******, so I don't know what he would think of me.

I don't think I would respect his opinion enough to care.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
So you're the younger child? I am the oldest of three and often times I thought about how it would be like being the middle or youngest.
It probably depends on what your family is like. I never had to babysit any siblings, but I use to wish I could have a younger sibling just so I could bully them like my older siblings did to me :lol

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmm... I'm not sure.

Despite my shortcomings, I'm proud of who I am today... But my thirteen year old self was kind of an *******, so I don't know. I don't think I would respect his opinion enough to care.
lol wut? I don't know why but I busted out laughing at this for some reason.

It probably depends on what your family is like. I never had to babysit any siblings, but I use to wish I could have a younger sibling just so I could bully them like my older siblings did to me :lol
My younger brother and sister are buddies. I think the age gap is too much between them and me. I never really got along with them. I think over time they bonded together over the resent of me. :um

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
lol wut? I don't know why but I busted out laughing at this for some reason.

My younger brother and sister are buddies. I think the age gap is too much between them and me. I never really got along with them. I think over time they bonded together over the resent of me. :um
Oh no! How far apart are you? I feel the same thing happened with my two older siblings. They've always been closer than I ever was with either of them! My brother is 4 years older than me and my sister is 8 years older than me

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
If the 13 year old me met me now? I'm sure seeing how much of a loser he would become is just what he would have needed to push himself over the edge to suicide. When i was 13 i was struggling with those thoughts, but i overcame them with hope for the future. So much for that lol.

·
Social outcast
1,409 Posts
I don't know, i'm only 14, so not much has changed. I first started having SA symptoms then so.. having regrets, letting people down, and pushing people away, same old same old.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.