Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you want to know you were terminal - or have that knowledge kept from you,in order to hold on to whatever false hope you could? - I'm not sure what I'd want - over the last couple of years I've developed a great appreciation for all hope,even though it may be false.

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Penny-don't be a thread killer!- Okay,for those who must always be precise-let's make it hypothetical.

·
Too School for Cool
6,857 Posts
I would definitely want to know, as soon as possible. It would give me a chance to make the most of the time I had left.

·
Geese
20,769 Posts
I would also want to know, it would give my family and friends time to adjust and cope as well.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
I would want to know. Maybe it would give me the motivation to actually do something I normally wouldn't do.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I'd want to know the good news. It's hardly bad news when your life is hell on earth and finally you've received notice that the end is in sight.

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UltraShy-you thrive on anger and seem to attain more vigor with each new battle-I predict you'll outlive us all!!!!!!

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
UltraShy-you thrive on anger and seem to attain more vigor with each new battle-I predict you'll outlive us all!!!!!!
Anger is all I have left.

·
SAS Member
14,413 Posts
To me living is hell and much worse than dying. If i learned i was going to die, id smile to the doc and ask when i'm leaving.

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
7,364 Posts
I'd want to know. I've probably wasted more of my time while not actually having a terminal illness than having one and knowing how much time is left.

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
I actually have thought I might have a terminal illness a few times over the years. I'm really paranoid about my health lately because I just quit smoking after 20 years. I smoked a lot of cigarettes and every time I get a cough that won't go away, a tickle in my throat or a bit of hoarseness, I start to freak. It would be just my luck that I finally made myself quit smoking and it would be too late.

So I actually thought about it. Lung cancer (or almost any kind of smoking related cancer) is really one of the worst ways to go imaginable. I couldn't decide whether I'd want to know or not. One part of me would want to make the most of what time I had left and one part of me would just want to know so I could prepare to die. Yet another part of me wouldn't want to know. I just don't know. Make sense?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts