Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Little Winged One
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you want to know you were terminal - or have that knowledge kept from you,in order to hold on to whatever false hope you could? - I'm not sure what I'd want - over the last couple of years I've developed a great appreciation for all hope,even though it may be false.

· Little Winged One
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Penny-don't be a thread killer!- Okay,for those who must always be precise-let's make it hypothetical.

· Little Winged One
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UltraShy-you thrive on anger and seem to attain more vigor with each new battle-I predict you'll outlive us all!!!!!!

· Banned
12,148 Posts
I actually have thought I might have a terminal illness a few times over the years. I'm really paranoid about my health lately because I just quit smoking after 20 years. I smoked a lot of cigarettes and every time I get a cough that won't go away, a tickle in my throat or a bit of hoarseness, I start to freak. It would be just my luck that I finally made myself quit smoking and it would be too late.

So I actually thought about it. Lung cancer (or almost any kind of smoking related cancer) is really one of the worst ways to go imaginable. I couldn't decide whether I'd want to know or not. One part of me would want to make the most of what time I had left and one part of me would just want to know so I could prepare to die. Yet another part of me wouldn't want to know. I just don't know. Make sense?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.