Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
192 Posts
Idk what's more frightening the doll or the tristatehairschool.com advertisement on the newspaper. What do you plan on doing with this doll...making a mock birth scene?

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Just a quick question-What sort of people would find this appealing? Is it a joke? A prop for a horror movie??

·
Registered
718 Posts
LOL I like how in the last pic "Send us your recipes!" is right above the doll's head. Cool doll though...is this one gonna be sold or for yourself?

·
Shauna The Dead
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice.

There's a crowd for everything. Just because you might not find it appealing, doesn't mean everyone else does. People collect them - just like any other hobby. There's companies/sites that make these kind of dolls (usually with great detail). I'm not into it, but I used to know a girl that was. She had a few in her room, and they were quite expensive too.
The autopsy babies are really realistic. People give that guy a lot of **** for what he does and I don't understand why & I defended him on his site once. They're plastic dolls- its not like they're real babies made of actual flesh. He's a horror artist. He has a lot of talent and makes money at it. I'm just jealous that I'm not as good as he is- mine are more cartoony. Though I do better now than I used to.
but I hate when people say bad stuff about me or others who are into horror art - mainly the baby dolls, saying they look like a real infant. So what? The fact is, unless you live in the fantasy world of "child's play" dolls don't have feelings and they don't come to life. I have a 7 month old daughter and she loves these dolls I make. I think she likes them better than the plain/average ones actually. :b she's always liked my dolls, masks and skulls. She laughs at them. :)

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Normally I do! But have to say I don't think I could own one of those. I think I'd be just a little too freaked out! Just the idea of owning a Chucky or Tiffany doll (from the Childsplay and Chucky movies) does that to me (though I've considered buying one) so if I can't even handle that I doubt I could handle this lol!

I think though that that's a cool idea you're thinking of selling it at a horror movie convention though :)

·
Banned
192 Posts
I don't understand the appeal of this type of grotesque hobby. Autopsy babies? I'm going in the medical field myself and I will see quite a bit of blood and flesh, but this is not something to glorify. Death in this fashion should not be made "fun". It is quite disrespectful in my book. Sure there is a crowd for anything, but that doesn't make it moral or ethical. It can still remain deplorable.

·
Shauna The Dead
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't understand the appeal of this type of grotesque hobby. Autopsy babies? I'm going in the medical field myself and I will see quite a bit of blood and flesh, but this is not something to glorify. Death in this fashion should not be made "fun". It is quite disrespectful in my book. Sure there is a crowd for anything, but that doesn't make it moral or ethical. It can still remain deplorable.
How is it disrespectful? I could see if somebody was splattering blood on an actual dead body but what's disrespectful about putting paint on a piece of plastic????? Its not like I'm doing this to any live people.
I guess you'd even be against the living dead dolls and horror action figures too?
Geez... Some people...

·
My head looks huge...
78 Posts
I think it's nifty (possibly because I'm just a big fan of blood and gore...the topic drew me right in). The eyes are especially creepy :)...Quite frankly, the fact that it gave rise to a few slightly negative opinions makes it all the more interesting.
For some reason, it reminds me of this movie called "May".

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
To be fair UC, the thread title did specifically say if you don't like this sort of stuff not to look. Not meaning that disrespectfully or anything, but it did say that.

At end of day everyone has their own individual personal likes, dislikes and interests, for their own different reasons.

Anyways back on subject:

I do think that the artist's work on that doll is pretty clever! Looks pretty realistic! As mentioned before, I doubt I'd ever buy/own one of those - as would find it a bit too extreme for my personal horror tastes. But at the same time, can appreciate that that must have taken skill!

·
Protector of the Den
15,034 Posts
Nice work :)

I'm into horror, but I don't think that kind of doll would fit my interests. I'm more of a monster kind of person :D Might be cool to own something like that though. I have a few halloween props in my room(skulls, zombie mask, cobra, and a giant spider)

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
That is a pity. But still, I'm sure that you'll get another opportunity. :) I think it's a really cool idea and I'm sure there's plenty of people out there who would be keen to buy it. Hope all goes well with the clothes making. :)

·
Registered
527 Posts
thanks everybody...i didnt end up making clothes for this doll yet, so didnt get to sell it :(
It must be a bit tricky to decide what kind of clothes to make. After all, what goes best with gaping head wounds? Pastels? Plaid? Polka dots? ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts