Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

If you died right now, how would you feel about your life?

8K views 102 replies 96 participants last post by  godhelpme2 
#1 ·
Self-explanatory......

#5 ·
This. In the end, we're dead. It's not like we'll be sitting around reflecting on what we should have or should not have done.

Now, if I could reflect on my life after I died, I wouldn't feel very good nor very bad about my life. I've done some fun things and I've done a lot of boring and depressing things -- you know, like most people's lives. I would be disappointed that I didn't conquer the world though.

#16 ·
So you are saying that it doesn't matter if you die in an hour or in a year because we will all die someday anyways? Yes death is inevitable, and its an important fact of life. But it is what you do in your life that counts, right or no?

#10 ·
I have wasted a perfectly good life. Was all the fear, all the anxiety, all the depression, truly worth it? Are you happy now that it's finally over? I lived for no one and died for nothing. FML. :(

Yes, that is exactly how I would feel. And it truly scares me. :afr
You live for no-one and died for nothing? According to who? The will of society? We do not need to live for anyone or anything in this world. That is simply a concept instilled in our minds as we are raised by society.

What if society didn't exist? Would life be "pointless"? Other creatures and animals besides humans simply exist for the sake of existing. I believe that we do not need any purpose or reason for living our lives. We simply live. We are born with the blank slate, but we are compelled by others to conform to the mindset of society as we are raised. We can follow society, or we can choose to try and live the blank slate way of simply existing without any reason or purpose. There is no shame in either one.

#9 ·
I would feel content, my family and close friends, and most of all my children would know that I loved them more than anything.

#11 ·
I would happily take death the now, I am not really doing anything significant with my life so I wouldn't mind if I died today, and I would feel that my life would have been wasted, but at the same time I think that nothing we do in life really matters anyway so it doesn't really bother me that I am wasting my life.

Haha, I have such a sh1t attitude.

#12 ·
I would be glad it was over...

...I do not understand why people collectively worry about having "wasted their lives" - the dead do not have any opportunity to constantly mull over such things, being, as they are, dead. You cannot experience regret when you do not exist, and besides, in the grand scheme of things, a human life is a very short and insignificant thing.

#15 ·
Pretty crappy, I know I could have done better. I have been making some changes lately so maybe I'll be happier about it at some point in my life.

#18 ·
If I were to die, I would be more worried about what would happen next instead of dwell on the past, especially a past that I won't be able to do anything about. And if my life was going the best it could possibly be going, I bet I would still be bummed out because I kinda just lost everything. So death is pretty much a loss either way you look at it.

#29 ·
Damn, that's what I was going to say, but he beat me to it.

Well, ignoring the above problem, I'd be pissed that I still haven't changed the beneficiaries on my IRAs nor life insurance. Back in April I changed primary & secondary beneficiaries on my taxable accounts so that my brother has no chance at all of getting those. He'd still get about $450K if I die before I can change the rest -- I really should move on that. Though he'd literally hit the roof upon finding that $800K isn't going to him and never will (by "never will" I mean I would not leave money to my elderly mother as she'd simply give it to him upon her death, thus defeating my purpose of making sure he doesn't get a cent).

And I'd be pleased that my hell on earth was finally over. I guess I could regret all that I've never done, but I don't seem to be doing anything while alive so that probably doesn't much matter.

#24 ·
Right now? What I would feel about my life: that I'd been born on the wrong planet, that there had been no one I could relate to among the aliens, that there had been no one I had ever had a really interesting conversation with, that there had been great unfulfilled potential and suffering through no fault of my own, that it had been cut short and something might have changed.

#25 ·
happy because ive spent so much time by myself thinking about life and what not and to tell you the truth none of this is really important in the grand scheme of things. Weather you lived you life to the bone or in front of the computer it really does not matter. We have all spent or energy weather it be from an introspective position or an Extrovert one and that is our purpose. Just spend your energy.

#26 ·
Bummed that I didn't get my chance to try kayaking, snowboarding, indoor wall climbing or go to the Vans Warped Tour. It's the only four things that I really want to do. Bummed that I didn't meet the one that I could potentially spend my life with.

#30 ·
I think about this a LOT lately and it's why I have insomnia. I spend so much time and energy living in fear that I'm not really living to 100%. At the same time, I feel guilty b/c there are people with cancer and terminal illnesses or handicaps who would LOVE to be as healthy as I am. I am thankful for my health, but I want to be able to enjoy it more and enjoy being young...<sigh>...does anyone else feel like this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.