Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
21 - 40 of 103 Posts
I think I'd punch God right between the eyes and call him a b**tard! Sorry but I don't feel this guilt for not doing enough to have a great life. SA is not just the same as being lazy or not having enough guts to force yourself into doing stuff.

Right now? What I would feel about my life: that I'd been born on the wrong planet, that there had been no one I could relate to among the aliens, that there had been no one I had ever had a really interesting conversation with, that there had been great unfulfilled potential and suffering through no fault of my own, that it had been cut short and something might have changed.

happy because ive spent so much time by myself thinking about life and what not and to tell you the truth none of this is really important in the grand scheme of things. Weather you lived you life to the bone or in front of the computer it really does not matter. We have all spent or energy weather it be from an introspective position or an Extrovert one and that is our purpose. Just spend your energy.

Bummed that I didn't get my chance to try kayaking, snowboarding, indoor wall climbing or go to the Vans Warped Tour. It's the only four things that I really want to do. Bummed that I didn't meet the one that I could potentially spend my life with.

I wouldn't feel anything cuz i'd be dead :um
Damn, that's what I was going to say, but he beat me to it.

Well, ignoring the above problem, I'd be pissed that I still haven't changed the beneficiaries on my IRAs nor life insurance. Back in April I changed primary & secondary beneficiaries on my taxable accounts so that my brother has no chance at all of getting those. He'd still get about $450K if I die before I can change the rest -- I really should move on that. Though he'd literally hit the roof upon finding that $800K isn't going to him and never will (by "never will" I mean I would not leave money to my elderly mother as she'd simply give it to him upon her death, thus defeating my purpose of making sure he doesn't get a cent).

And I'd be pleased that my hell on earth was finally over. I guess I could regret all that I've never done, but I don't seem to be doing anything while alive so that probably doesn't much matter.

I think about this a LOT lately and it's why I have insomnia. I spend so much time and energy living in fear that I'm not really living to 100%. At the same time, I feel guilty b/c there are people with cancer and terminal illnesses or handicaps who would LOVE to be as healthy as I am. I am thankful for my health, but I want to be able to enjoy it more and enjoy being young...<sigh>...does anyone else feel like this?

Objectively Ill be dead, subjectively dunno. But if Im dying in the last couple seconds I would feel extremely anxious.

If I was still in the process of dying, without actually being dead, and knowing it - I'd feel extremely regretful about having never overcome my SA and gotten more out of life than I have so far - in addition to feeling it was very unfair that I was dying at only 28 years old
and really not wanting to leave behind my family, partner or the few friends I have. I'd hate it! :-( On top of that as well, I'm sure I'd be very anxious. As have a strong fear of dying.

I guess I hope I could just accept it. There is nothing worse than seeing someone dying who can't accept it as the normal course of human life. Seeing someone fight to stay alive and cry because it's not fair and the timing is wrong is the worst thing one can ever witness. *sigh* This is hitting a bit too close to home for me at the moment (I'm not talking about my own life).

21 - 40 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.