Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where would you be right now, or what would you be doing?? Or better yet, once you don't have SA anymore what will you do that you always wanted to do but can't right now???? We will get past it so what are your plans or goals??

I see myself traveling and experiencing other cultures and one day I would like to act too.. I want to work for Disney's Pixar films and maybe even start my own cartoon series or create video games.. I want to try so many things that I can't decide!!! But most importantly, I want to make a difference and help others..
:D

·
ಠ ¿ ಠ
913 Posts
Well, I'd honestly be liberally enjoying a great degree of positive, personal self-expression that I've never quite experienced before.

Oh, and I'd finally be happy with the way things are going, for once. Someday, though, I'll recover.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would probably be out with friends. Mabe with a boyfriend. But one day I'll get over this and when I do, I'm going to travel either, with some good friends who I can actually be myself around, or by myself and just make friends as I go.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hell yea, deep down inside I know that I'm a pretty darn loud, wild, and extroverted guy, it's just that it doesn't show because it's constantly being overshadowed by SA.]
Same only I know how loud I can get.. I have some of those days where I'm SA symptom free and I'm myself(the me that others rarely see).. I get a taste of what it will be like.. I keep my hopes up and I know we can do it..

·
Suit up!
390 Posts
There is this one girl that I know that isn't exactly the most attractive or the most stylish or anything, but she's so incredibly confident. She was the student that everyone knew because she strived to be the best in school and never seemed to care what others thought. It amazed me that her only worries when it came to doing huge presentations was whether she was covering everything she needed to. She never seemed to care about the fact that everyone was staring at her or judging her.

She was an amazing student and I think if I didn't have SA I would want to be just like her. I am incredibly intelligent, but my SA prevents me from showing that to anyone. Without SA I wouldn't hesitate to go to tutoring if I needed some extra practice in a class. I wouldn't mind raising my hand to answer questions or even to ask a question if I didn't understand.

Outside of school I would love to go to Spain or Italy and perfect my speaking skills and just talk freely with the locals. I would also love to finally take voice lessons because I've enjoyed singing my entire life.

·
Registered
41 Posts
There is this one girl that I know that isn't exactly the most attractive or the most stylish or anything, but she's so incredibly confident. She was the student that everyone knew because she strived to be the best in school and never seemed to care what others thought. It amazed me that her only worries when it came to doing huge presentations was whether she was covering everything she needed to. She never seemed to care about the fact that everyone was staring at her or judging her.

She was an amazing student and I think if I didn't have SA I would want to be just like her. I am incredibly intelligent, but my SA prevents me from showing that to anyone. Without SA I wouldn't hesitate to go to tutoring if I needed some extra practice in a class. I wouldn't mind raising my hand to answer questions or even to ask a question if I didn't understand.

Outside of school I would love to go to Spain or Italy and perfect my speaking skills and just talk freely with the locals. I would also love to finally take voice lessons because I've enjoyed singing my entire life.
I'm a Spaniard and you're welcome to Spain, I hope you have the chance to come here and accomplish your goal :yes.

·
Suit up!
390 Posts
I'm a Spaniard and you're welcome to Spain, I hope you have the chance to come here and accomplish your goal :yes.
Aw thank you. Spanish was my favorite class in high school because I found it so easy. However, whenever we had speaking activities in class I'd just freeze up. It's not that I didn't know what to say I just couldn't make myself say it. It was so awful because I loved Spanish and I probably had one of the highest grades, but I could never show anyone how good I was. ):

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
If I didn't have SA I'd still be following my dreams, performing in front of people every weekend. Maybe I'd spin records on the radio once or twice a week. And I'd probably be getting married to an awesome girl very soon.

·
In my shiny bubble
2,428 Posts
Deep down I am a outgoing person, or I am with my parents just when im around other people i'm shy and no one would believe I am outgoing and fun its just SA drowning it

If i didnt have SA, today I'd be like enjoying the weather outside with FRIENDS
and i'd be hanging out with them all this week doing anything, as long as we are together. Maybe nightclubbing and be flirting with guys.
Or i'd have a job to go too, be driving a car as I hadn't been too nervous to take driving lessons.
Or perhaps i'd be in university or college rather than taking a home learning course

·
Just me.
63 Posts
If I didn't have SA, I might have gotten that high-paying job I interviewed for after college. I might have an office in a skyrise, surrounded by concrete and staplers.

If I didn’t have SA, I would not have settled for my first salaried job at an environmental firm. If I didn’t settle and learn everything I did at that environmental firm, then I may not have been able to land my current job - Not a perfect job, but far better than sitting in a skyrise surrounded by staplers and concrete.

If I didn't have SA, I would not have met a wonderful, caring, kind hearted man with SA. I would not have understood him. I would not have fallen in love with him.

My life would be different if I didn’t have SA. I would have more friends, I would not freeze in social situations, I would not turn beet red when someone acknowledged my existence. But I would be a different person. Most of the socially awkward situations in my life would be gone, but so would some of the better life experiences. If I had a choice, I wouldn’t go back and change things.
:sus

·
Banned
31 Posts
If I didn't have SA I would get a part time job do help raise money for uni. I'm really terrified of the idea of job interviews. Also, I remember what my work experience was like... I barely spoke to any of the people I was working with and felt like a nervous wreck most of the time. So yeah, I'd love to be able to do that but right now I can't get into the right frame of mind.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.