Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could have any automobile and money was not an issues what would you buy.

I'd get a BMW 325I with a turbo, love the look of those cars

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
I'd get a Smart. to let me reflect the real me, of course.

i don't really care much about cars. i just want something that gets me from A to B.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I'd have an Alfa Romeo 8C. Oh, and a Smart for running about in, but I think I'd need mirrored glass on mine to hide my embarrassment - you know what they say about the size of a bloke's car. :blush

My dad drives a twin-turbo BMW. It looks good on the outside but it looks as though they skimped on the interior styling. The latest ones might be better though. I fancied getting a Z4 until I saw the inside of that one.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alfa's are beautiful cars. When i worked at rust check in 2008 a early 90's Alfa with an in-line 6 came in. It was the most amazing car, the engine was like nothing i had ever seen and the interior and exterior styling was nicer than even the newest North American luxury cars. That was the first and only time I saw one as they are not sold in North America right now but there is talk that they might come back to this side of the ocean.

I like the look of the smart car and they seem reliable and cheap to run with the 0.8 diesel in them but the 30,000$ price tag seems a bit high, not to mention the limited leg room. I tried to sit in one at the autoshow one year, i think my knees were about level with my ears, :lol

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Alfa's are beautiful cars. When i worked at rust check in 2008 a early 90's Alfa with an in-line 6 came in. It was the most amazing car, the engine was like nothing i had ever seen and the interior and exterior styling was nicer than even the newest North American luxury cars. That was the first and only time I saw one as they are not sold in North America right now but there is talk that they might come back to this side of the ocean.

I like the look of the smart car and they seem reliable and cheap to run with the 0.8 diesel in them but the 30,000$ price tag seems a bit high, not to mention the limited leg room. I tried to sit in one at the autoshow one year, i think my knees were about level with my ears, :lol
Have a look on Youtube at the Diablo Smart Car - you might get a bit more room in one of those... :eek:

In the 90's - I'm guessing that Alfa would be a... 164 or maybe a rare SZ? Up until recently Alfa's had pretty poor reliability but they seem to have got on top of that now. I have a '76 GT Junior and I used to drive it every day, but every journey was an "adventure" and I spent as much time under it as in it. When I bought it (in 1989, I think) it already had 13 previous owners. :um

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have a look on Youtube at the Diablo Smart Car - you might get a bit more room in one of those... :eek:

In the 90's - I'm guessing that Alfa would be a... 164 or maybe a rare SZ? Up until recently Alfa's had pretty poor reliability but they seem to have got on top of that now. I have a '76 GT Junior and I used to drive it every day, but every journey was an "adventure" and I spent as much time under it as in it. When I bought it (in 1989, I think) it already had 13 previous owners. :um
It was the 164 for sure, it was bright red and in immaculate condition. The guy would not even let us drive it in and stood there the whole time watching.

Seems to be a common with many cars in the early 90's quality and reliability do seem to be increasing though thankfully.

The smart diablo just made my list as well, it would make a great sleeper car since it smoked a ferrari. Just imagine the look on someones face when a smart car blows the doors off their fancy ride. :eek:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Exactly! :lol

I just noticed the video about Smart body kits - I can just see myself in a Smart Diablo Porsche. :D

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
A '66 Barracuda, I use to have one when I was younger but it wasn't quite as nice as these.

·
sa challenger
5,079 Posts
I'd have a car. Period. That runs consistently, has air and cd player. That's all. Btw, we did just buy a 2007 Prius, hopefully see a difference in gas usage. Still need one for me to drive though. Mustang?? Chevelle? Actually, I could use a minivan, to cart all the teens around. Best time to communicate and get to know their friends is while driving!

Oh yeah, and while we're on the subject, a small, safe car to teach the girls how to drive.

·
and i have social anxiety
234 Posts
If money was not an option, i would get an all white bentley gt.

How baller would it be to go from riding public buses to driving a bentley...
:yay

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wouldn't mind of few of those muscle car of that Bentley.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
A lime green VW bug - the new kind.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts