Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

If you can't beat em' join em'.

998 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Bredwh 
#1 ·
That's my new motto. We all are here with plans of eventually beating SA, or maybe just me. People aren't that bad.

If anything in life gives you a panic attack it should be a goal to eventually face it, no?

#7 ·
To a certain extent. Although i would never "follow the crowd"

Its best to do what you like to do, rather than give in, and do what other people do, rather than what you like.

Different situations call for different measures.

#8 ·
It seems that I've overcome a good deal of my SA issues before I came here, and I came here to finish the job, so yes, you're not the only one who's come here hoping to learn something.

Still though, I've never felt like I was "fighting" anyone, I've always felt more like I was fighting myself. I love all my friends, even if they suck at covering my social needs. I don't ever intend on "joining" them, either; I don't think I ever can. I'm a different kind of person, and the way I see the world has always been drastically different than how they seem to see it.

That's why I came here. To see if maybe there are people that understand better, and are more receptive to helping each other out instead of partying with each other 24/7.

#10 ·
you and i are pals encore... we are kindred spirits...

i am staying very upbeat about this problem as well. staying positive and settings goals. i want to crush this problem big time.

the most amazing thing about this board is that everyone has my problem. i can openly and freely admit to it in public thus shining a light on it.

if i was forced to admit this to random people i would slip into denial and say things like "yea I'm over it" or "i had that when i was younger and some things just linger"

here i can admit my issue and know that so many others have the same thing.

THAT IS SO DANG LIBERATING!!!!!!!!
I agree, I was in such a bad place today because of my anxiety that I went on google to see what I could do about because I was sick of it. And since I've been here reading about people that have similar problems and have some good suggestions I am feeling more positive about this whole thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.